Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ispyce
Streaming Star

Roku Media Player not detecting DLNA server

For many years I have used the Roku Media Channel to access files on my laptop. Today when I went to go watch a film, Roku didn't seem to be able to detect my DLNA server. When I opened the RMP app, it just gave instructions and said to make sure my DLNA server was up and running, which it is. I've restarted my Roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the RMP channel, restarted my server, restarted my laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled my server, even installed a different server... and yes, I do have streaming media turned on in my Windows settings.

I am currently unable to access any of my laptop files through the RMP and I was wondering what the cause of this could be? Was the channel recently updated or changed? Or is this service no longer offered? Just wondering what's going on.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Media Player not detecting DLNA server

I think I had this problem before and restarting the router solved it.

0 Kudos
wbxe

Re: Roku Media Player not detecting DLNA server

I tried to correct this problem with roku with no luck

I found a workaround that works for me.

If roku does not see the DLNA server on a wired connection then I switch to the wireless connection and it will see the dlna server. but you have to back completely out of the media player before you make the change " don't just hit the home button " this way after you make the network change the media player will look for the server.

I had this problem and My wired and wireless networks are on the same network - from the same router. and that procedure works for me.

0 Kudos