Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zebbyz
Visitor

Strategy alternatives for Channels

I want to better understand the alternative channel scenarios or business models and open the discussion around partnership models between developers, content creators / owners and other parties.

Here is what I have so far... I would appreciate any alternative models for producing channels that you have encountered along the way, all in the interest of brain storming the models available and those not yet thought of. This will in my view aid both content providers, developers and marketers see ideas right in front of them that they may not have considered even though they may have the elements in front of them.

a] A small TV production company making content for broadcast, either develops their own channel or locates and pays a developer to build a channel framework for them to publish.

b] A developer has a client that they believe would benefit from publishing their content on a channel and the two strike up a joint venture to do that.

c] A marketer brings together a production company making content, and locates developers to pitch ideas for development of a channel, then presents those to the production company with budgets and the marketer and production company form a joint venture to form the channel.

d] A marketer employs a developer to build a content centric channels. Then approaches content providers with a product idea that those content providers can pick from to easily pick up, meaning they only have to buy a product model. The marketer applies the design brief that they require to the channel and adds the content. The content provider arrangement runs its course and the existing content is published. As new content is made, it is pushed through to the marketer and the channel is updated as extra content is added.

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
Guy
0 Kudos