DanaD1
Reel Rookie

No dialogue from roku wireless speakers with my roku soundbar

I am having the same problem.  I set up the wireless speakers as front speakers to get the dialogue from tv shows and movies to come from the wireless speakers.  But I only get background noise.  Is this not possible?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No dialogue from roku wireless speakers with my roku soundbar

Hi @DanaD1,
A warm welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

To better assess the issue you've been having, may we know if you have already tried changing the audio settings for your Roku home theater setup? Also, To successfully set up your Roku wireless speakers, please note that you will need the following:

• Power for each speaker: If there is no wall outlet near each speaker location, you may want to use a power extension cable (not included).
  • Connection to the Internet: To check that your Roku host device is connected, go to Settings > Network > About and see that the Status says "Connected".
  • Existing Roku remote: You will need your existing Roku remote to get your Roku host device into pairing mode and initiate the setup process.

To learn more about the Roku wireless speaker's functionality, check out this support article: Getting to know your Roku wireless speakers.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we can assist you further.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanaD1
Reel Rookie

Yes, I was able to connect the wireless speakers without any problem.  I installed the roku soundbar first, then the speakers.  I tried them in “front” position and then the “rear” position.  I also tried adjusting the surround sound far to the right and I tried different sound modes. When playing music it is beautiful.  I purchased this setup in the hopes my husband could hear the dialogues on tv shows and movies better.  I’m starting to think it may depend on the audio capability of what we are watching (stereo, Dolby, 2.0). Am I expecting too much for this to work? This is a Samsung tv not a roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @DanaD1,

Thanks for the post,

We would be happy to look further into this issue. This portion of the setup article applies only to your Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, and Roku Smart Soundbar if connected to a non-Roku TV. After connections are made and your Streambar or soundbar powers on, ensure the correct input is selected on your TV (the information to which your Streambar or soundbar is connected) and proceed with the on-screen setup process. This article explains what to expect during the process and provides suggestions for issues you may encounter. How to set up your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar with a non-Roku TV

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjieamar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos