Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login my account using android app

No, nobody answered this issue. I can login using my username and password in the roku website, but the horrible roku app says that my credentials are invalid. Used the forgot password feature, reset a password and stupid app does not work. Poor programmers...no...they are not engineers

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't login my account using android app

Thanks for posting, and we're glad to have you here in the Roku Community @andredjlima!

We appreciate you bringing the Mobile app issues to our attention, and we'd be happy to help! We would like to learn more and see what we can do about this. 

Have you tried uninstalling the Roku mobile app and then reinstalling it again? If not, we highly suggest so. In addition, you may also try to use a different smartphone to see if will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response to assist us in better understanding your concerns and provide you with the most appropriate and effective resolution possible.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@andredjlima-

Is it this Official Roku App from the Google Play Store?   A play store search for Roku remote finds a number of apps from third parties other than Roku.

It's been a long time since I installed the Roku app to my phone but I don't recall having to log it into my Roku account.  It just automatically finds the Rokus I have connected to my home network.  My android phone DOES have to be connected to my local network, though.  Could you possibly be entering your Roku password instead of your network password when trying to connect your phone to WiFi?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@andredjlima-

My apologies. 

I just got a new tablet and installed the Roku app on it.  In its initial setup it DID ask me to log into my Roku account so that it could access some relatively new features like Saved Lists, etc.   This apparently is something new added since the last time I had occasion to install the app on anything. 

I was able to log in without incident, so I'm afraid I don't have anything to suggest to help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos