Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same network, Roku mobile app doesn't connect to Roku device.

Jump to solution

Same exact thing is happening to me. Roku app used to work perfectly. Then it wouldn’t connect to my device after not using the app for a while. It refused to connected to my device. Both my phone and my TV are connection to the same WiFi network (which the router is in the same room as my TV and phone and I’ve never had a problem before) I try to manually connect them by entering the IP Address given on my TV into my Roku app and it still says no devices found!?? wtf. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Same network, phone app doesn't work now

Jump to solution

Hi, @annahbanana419 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting the Roku mobile app to your Roku device despite being connected to the same network. We'd be happy to help. For this instance, we'll provide a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Restart your Roku device. To restart your Roku device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

After your Roku device powers back on, make sure it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart the Roku mobile app. Restart the app by doing one of the following:

1. On an Apple device, swipe up, or double-click the iOS home button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  2. On an Android device, press the Recents button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  3. You can also uninstall the Roku mobile app, and install it once again. This step also ensures that you've installed the latest Roku mobile app version.

Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Devices 
  3. Tap Get help?
  4. Select Connect manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

These troubleshooting steps will enable you to resolve issues with connecting your Roku mobile app to your Roku device. If you have further concerns or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Same network, phone app doesn't work now

Jump to solution

Hi, @annahbanana419 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting the Roku mobile app to your Roku device despite being connected to the same network. We'd be happy to help. For this instance, we'll provide a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Restart your Roku device. To restart your Roku device, you can either unplug the power cable, wait a moment, and then reconnect it. Or you can use the following steps to restart it from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

After your Roku device powers back on, make sure it is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart the Roku mobile app. Restart the app by doing one of the following:

1. On an Apple device, swipe up, or double-click the iOS home button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  2. On an Android device, press the Recents button and then swipe the Roku app to close it.
  3. You can also uninstall the Roku mobile app, and install it once again. This step also ensures that you've installed the latest Roku mobile app version.

Connect to your Roku device manually. Locate the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About, and then use the steps below to connect manually.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Devices 
  3. Tap Get help?
  4. Select Connect manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

These troubleshooting steps will enable you to resolve issues with connecting your Roku mobile app to your Roku device. If you have further concerns or inquiries, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos