Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCfromJC
Reel Rookie

Occasional Roku Buffering

Jump to solution

My Roku occasionally buffers for a brief period.  The internet is fine and the router is nearby.

Does it make a difference if I have apps loaded on my tv that I have also loaded to my Roku device. Could that cause interference?  

Thank 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Occasional Roku Buffering

Jump to solution

Hi @JCfromJC,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, and we'll be more than delighted to assist you further. If you experience poor video quality or rebuffering on a regular basis across multiple streaming channels, it may be due to a slow network caused by a poor wireless signal, issues with your router, or the quality of your internet service. Review the tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device. Check that your internet package provides speeds fast enough for streaming audio and video.

Hope you'll find this info useful, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JCfromJC,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with your Roku device since it occasionally buffers when you are trying to play a movie or show. We will be glad to assist you. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your wireless network connection, you may need to restart your Roku device by going to settings, system, and system restart.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if the problem still exists.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JCfromJC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Follow-up question.  To eliminate occasional brief loss of WiFi single to my Roku unit that I have been experiencing,  have done 2 things:

1 I have disconnected my smart tv from the WiFi signal

2 I have moved the Roku unit from on top of the tv to a table below the tv to eliminate possible signal interference between my router/gateway which is on a lower shelf of that table and the Roku unit

Do these actions make sense?  PS My internet is functional on my iPad when there is a loss to the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JCfromJC,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, and we'll be more than delighted to assist you further. If you experience poor video quality or rebuffering on a regular basis across multiple streaming channels, it may be due to a slow network caused by a poor wireless signal, issues with your router, or the quality of your internet service. Review the tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device. Check that your internet package provides speeds fast enough for streaming audio and video.

Hope you'll find this info useful, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos