Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsfgreen
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick 4K remote won't pair

I just purchased the Streaming Stick 4K and cannot get the remote to pair.  I have tried powering off and on, taking batteries out, etc.  I cannot get the remote to sync to be able to use the system.  We have used the non 4K stick before (3810X) with no issues.  Roku no longer offers a stick that isn't 4K, so I purchased this one.  I have an Emerson LTDN42V68US television (42" Class LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV).  From everything I have looked at, I think it should support this stick.  Does anyone have any tips?  Is my TV not compatible with this stick?  I really hope I don't have to go to down to the Express.  I prefer the stick so my kids don't lose it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  #roku4kstreamingstick 

Emerson LTDN42V68US

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick 4K remote won't sync

By "sync", I assume you mean pair.  The TV doesn't matter at all.  Start with the following and then let us know where things go astray.

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lsfgreen
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Stick 4K remote won't pair

Yes, I meant pair.  

The issue is right from the startup.  As soon as I plug the stick in, the screen comes up that says to take the tab out of the batteries (which I did), and then press and hold the home screen and back button for 5 seconds and nothing happens.  The green light just flashes on the remote.  I cannot move to the next step because the remote doesn't work because it's not paired.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did you get a USB cable with the stick with a "bump" in it that is the Wi-Fi receiver and if so, are you using that cable?  Those are known to go bad and it's not unheard of for people to buy the stick just to get a working cable and then return the stick with the old bad cable, so if you can't get it to pair you may want to return it while you can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Why are those wifi power cables "known to go bad"? If that is so widely known why doesn't Roku make better cables? Those are the real questions! The wifi should be inside the stick itself just like a regular Roku player or a Fire TV Stick does. Seems like a terrible design of cutting corners.

0 Kudos
lsfgreen
Reel Rookie

It came with the USB cord that has a long doggle type thing connected.  You plug that into the stick, and then the other end into the power outlet.  I will return it via Amazon and reorder another one.  Hopefully that's the issue.

0 Kudos