Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlmightyPeanut
Reel Rookie

All apps/channels painfully slow after update 9/19/2023

After the most recent update to my TCL 75R635's apps are extremely slow.  Never had an issue in Prime video, Netflix, etc but now there's a tremendous lag when navigating the apps.  Moving around the home screen to choose an app, setting, etc is fast and fluid.  Once I enter ANY app, everything is painfully slow.

Tried using the not-so-secret code on the remote where the TV reboots after 30s or so and that changed nothing.  Did a complete factory reset much to my dismay and still nothing.  This happened IMMEDIATELY after the most recent update from 9/19/2023 12.5.0 build 4165-88

Anyone else have this issue?  I found similar older topics from Google pointing to these forums and folks had similar issues where the common response was factory-reset or the not-so-secret code and the results have been hit or miss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Even YouTube is nearly unusable just navigating to a video - nevermind searching.  My Fire Sticks, WebOS and AndroidTV devices are fine - has nothing to do with connectivity. 

16 REPLIES 16
optikhog
Roku Guru

Re: All apps/channels painfully slow after update 9/19/2023

Having same issue, had to restart the TV twice last night while just watching Live TV

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @AlmightyPeanut.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you. No worries; the appropriate Roku team would be more than willing to further review your concern and find you with the best resolution possible. Would you mind providing us with a video of it for reference? Furthermore, kindly provide us with the following details below for us to be able to forward this effectively.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NeverVeryHappy
Channel Surfer

Experiencing the same thing on my Roku Ultra. Not very pleased right now.

0 Kudos
NeverVeryHappy
Channel Surfer

Model: 4640X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YP0079753439 (7LC687753439)

Software Version: 12.5.0 • Build 4165-29

GC version: 10.1.25

Timestamp: 2023-09-22T04:08:06Z

Issue ID: 39-380-408

0 Kudos
NeverVeryHappy
Channel Surfer

I would upload my video, but its laced with profanity. I don't think your support team wants to hear how I feel, since the Support team is not writing the code, that's the Hardware programmers. But if they want the video to pass along to the Hardware team let me know.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with the precise information, @NeverVeryHappy.

Rest assured that your concern, together with your provided information, will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further review, and will find you the best resolution possible. In the meantime, we appreciate you bearing with us as we work on this.

Feel free to let us know if you have further clarification and in need of any assistance aside from this. We'd be glad to help. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NeverVeryHappy
Channel Surfer

Thank You Carly, cheers! 🍻

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NeverVeryHappy,

You are very welcome!

There is nothing to worry about; our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Once more information is available, we'll update this Community thread.

Thank you for your kind understanding regarding this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Same here. Remote buttons skipping multiple times when only one button is pushed. Volume buttons are inconsistent when they work. I have tried all suggestions. Roku remote and stick only 6 months old. Working fine and then update 12.5. Boom. 

0 Kudos