Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection Issues on Roku Express

I installed two Roku devices about ten days ago.  One unit works fine, the other keeps disconnecting.  The Roku letters jump and maybe will go to the home page or just go back to the jumping Roku letters. I have unplugged the unit, I have restarted my modem.  I have disconnected all devices in my network and still have the disconnection issue.  It’s extremely annoying to have to restart the device multiple times throughout the evening.  Please do an update on these devices as I have read all the community complaints, all 19 pages of this issue, and it seems that the developers don’t care about their consumers.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disconnection Issues on Roku Express

@Frustratedruth 

See if the issue may be a power supply issue.

Try plugging the problem device into the wall oulet if you are currently using TV USB port for power. (try using a cell phone charging wall adapter 5 volt, 1 amp).

Also, try taking the problem device to the other location where your other device is working and plug that into the TV USB port. (again, if you are using it to supply power).

If it works there, then I would suspect that the second TV cannot provide enough power to reliably run the "problem" Roku device and you will need to use wall power if that is the culprit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Disconnection Issues on Roku Express

It's an absolute joke that the Roku Express does not come with the attachment to plug the USB power cable into a wall outlet. That should be absolute standard in the packaging since it's a well known fact that not all TV's USB ports provide enough voltage to power Roku players or other streaming devices.

This is a real cheap move by Roku to not include this and it's reason enough not to buy the cheapest model Roku Express at all. Get real Roku! This is unacceptable!

Why should someone have to go out and buy an adapter to be able to plug their Roku Express into a wall outlet or power strip? This is just as stupid as the Roku Streaming Stick 4K not coming with an HDMI extender in the packaging.

You are better off getting the Roku Express 4K because it comes with a remote that controls your TV and has the adapter to plug into a wall. When you add up the cost of buying that adapter separately and then the Roku Express together its pretty much the same price.