Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redskinsr1

Google TV Home Screen distortion with streaming stick+

I’m having weird playback picture issues on the GoogleTV home screen. When scrolling through program/channel options the screen gets distorted with skewed graphics and digital pixelation. I’m using a Streaming stick+ with an HD TV. The Roku device is from 2018 and the TV is from 2013. I’ve been using them together since 2018 and never had these issues. I’m having similar issues with another Streaming stick+ from 2018 but with a newer 4K TV from 2022. I’ve tried updating and restarting the devices without any improvement. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Fishface
Streaming Star

Re: Google TV Home Screen distortion with streaming stick+

I have the same issue also with the Streaming Stick+.

0 Kudos
Fishface
Streaming Star

My tv and device are from 2021.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@Redskinsr1Out of curiosity, have you tried using a network app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar for IOS? I ask since connectivity problems often have to do with channel congestion due to neighbors using the same channel you're using. I'd recommend you add the app and see how congested the channel you're using is, then log into your router and change to another one. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos