Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sas862
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense TV's Roku lags & crashes for most apps

Update:

Possibly due to software updates or a glitch, Roku logged me out of all my apps. Since I would have to log back into everything anyway, I decided to try a factory reset. This seems to have resolved the issue. I will give an update if the issue reoccurs. Additionally, the factory reset seems to have helped the lag/connection issue between the tv and roku remote.

0 Kudos
Riverroad
Reel Rookie

Our weather network is doing the same thing.  Freezing and going back to Home Screen.  Hisense tv. Model # 3284107.   Googled possible fixes. Tried everything. And everything is updated.  Other apps work fine

0 Kudos
SourceEnergy
Channel Surfer

Hi Carly. Any developments? I provided you with the information you requested over a week ago and I would like to be able to use my TV again. Do you have a solution? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Riverroad,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience it may have caused. That's not what we aim for. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).  System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If the issue persists, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can review your device:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (This can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried to try and resolve this.

We'll be eager to wait for your update. Thank you!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SourceEnergy,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please note that the team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Atrevino4197
Reel Rookie

MIMG_1231.jpeg

mine has been doing the same thing, it restarts all by itself , freezes and then the apps crash resulting the tv taking me back to Home Screen. 

no software updates available, I tried restarting it, factory reset, different internet connections and still happens. 

id like to add that my 65 inch rca or 32 inch on Roku tv doesn’t do this at all only the Hisense one 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Atrevino4197,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will also forward your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eclarkmx

I have te same issues with my Hisense Roku tv 65”. I followed all the recommendations on this blog, and nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I can't believe how long this issue has gone on and Roku still hasn't fixed it with an update. I'm glad I never purchased a Roku TV and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone after reading threads like this. Something like this makes your entire TV unusable and useless, a TV you paid hundreds of dollars for most likely. This is completely unacceptable for everyone affected by this and Roku needs to correct it immediately.

The steps being told by moderators of rebooting your network and TV is laughable, those are basic things most people will try before ever coming here to report an issue. You Roku moderators need to come up with some real fixes not the same old troubleshooting steps that do not work. Their answer to everything is reboot your device and tell them your serial number and software version, none of that ever solves any problems. Where is the real tech support?

Atrevino4197
Reel Rookie

I agree!! I cannot even watch a movie on my Hisense bedroom tv because the Roku part crashes unexpectedly. 

my 65 inch rca or other Roku tv doesn’t do this. I’m seriously considering buying a $20 on google tv streaming device and using that via hdmi so I do not have to put up with it any further. Tv works great otherwise if it’s not on Roku. This tv has never done this before and now these last 5 months have been **bleep**. I’m ready to rip it off of my wall and chuck it in the street lol