Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense TV's Roku lags & crashes for most apps

This really is crazy. Roku is supposed to be the number one streamer and yet their smart TVs crash like this when using apps? I have never had any of my smart TVs ever do this and I've had all different kinds but none of them were ever Roku, thank goodness!

It looks like the Roku operating system in the TVs is malfunctioning somehow and causing this issue. I'd guess it's probably Roku software updates that are causing these issues, because when things were fine before then suddenly randomly start to go wrong it isn't an accident, something happened to cause it.

Everyone is better off buying a non Roku TV and then buying a 4K Roku player to connect to the HDMI input instead if you insist on using Roku because you will get better results. It sounds like Roku TVs are hit or miss, some people they work great others have major issues and that is not worth the risk. Especially when you are paying several hundred dollars for one of the bigger screen size Roku TVs.

0 Kudos
SourceEnergy
Channel Surfer

Hey Chel. It’s been a while now and we haven’t heard anything back from you. I still can’t use my TV with Roku. It is worthless. As you might’ve noticed there are pages and pages here filling up with people with the same complaints - are you going to help your customers? Or just continue to kick it down the line and/or ignore us?  

Tara57

I just bought my tv maybe a month ago, as I love the Roku OS over fire tv or google but it’s frustrating that I replaced a perfectly fine fire tv because I preferred Roku and I can’t get hardly thru get a tv show without the app crashing multiple times. Its happened on discovery+ , peacock and paramount so far. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Tara57

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with the apps crashing on your Roku TV, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With this issue, we'd like to request information relevant to the issue so our team can investigate on this subject. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information we gather on this will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team who'll focus on the investigation. Developments and further progress will be posted in this thread regarding the resolution of this matter.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Mine does this to. It gets so frustrating that you can't even watch a show.  Or start to watch and it kicks you out. Over and over. Lately it is getting really bad

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @clmcbride55

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with channels kicking you out to Home Screen, and we'd like to assist you further. Can you please provide us with the information we've requested above this thread?

This information will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team. They will review the case and investigate this issue further.

Your response would be much appreciated. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubba556

Model k201x Roku tv 

serial number xo2700rdpgjo (s0vay39dpgj0) 

software version 12.5.5 build 4174-g5

gc version 11.2.23

timestamp 2024-04-13t06:10:55z

My issue report tracker number 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bubba556,

Welcome, and thanks for sharing the details here!

We have collected the information you have provided. Providing complete and precise details of your affected device is crucial in investigating this issue. To complete, please provide us with the necessary information below:

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What channels are affected by the issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We're highly anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fbar017

Model 7243X Roku tv

serial number YN008K105658(ncd968105658)

software version 12.5.5-build 4174-39

GC version 11.3.24

timestamp 2024-04-26T22:50:02Z

ID 58-168-410

0 Kudos
Fbar017

So what now ???

0 Kudos