Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emjdrvr

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

Happening to us also only max app

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Greetings from the Roku community!

We understand the issues you're running into with the Max app. However, since this is an isolated issue, kindly refer to @RokuTakashi's previous post. As mentioned, getting in touch with Max app support would be more reliable at this point, as they are aware of the concern and are currently working on it. Inquiring further from them would be helpful to sort out this issue.

If you have other concerns besides this one that you'd like to be assisted with, please keep us informed.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jodi6

I was able to remove and reinstall, but the glitch remains. When I pause, it still is not resuming where I paused it. Very annoying 

0 Kudos

System Restart does NOT fix this issue. I can personally confirm that. This is clearly a developer bug, not a problem the end user can fix.

0 Kudos
Hickman

I have a Roku ONN tv and when I click on pause for a few minutes and then play it will rewind a few minutes or sometimes it could rewind 30 minutes or so.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hickman,

Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with the Max app issue.

As mentioned in our previous post, the Max channel provider is aware of the issue and is taking immediate action. It will be very effective to get in touch with them directly, as they are the best ones who could provide you with an update on fixing this concern. Please be advised that Roku is a platform that holds a variety of channels and content, so maintaining and developing the channels are under the providers' care.

If you have other concerns you'd like us to address, please keep us informed.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

Nobody is asking the moderators to fix an issue with the Max app, so I'm not sure why they keep trying to shut down this discussion. As long as the issue persists, it's a legitimate topic for comments. Until the issue is resolved, I'm using the Max app on my TV instead of the Roku and I'm monitoring this thread for comments from other users regarding a resolution.

JudiCee
Reel Rookie

if anyone gets an answer let me know. It's frigging irritating. I have to see where I am whenever I pause to put it back. 

bess_
Reel Rookie

@JudiCee @Hickman @Jodi6 

While it's not a complete solution, have you tried this temporary workaround to resume the video playback?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Max-App-pause-and-playback-issue/m-p/900083/hi...

Rissa1482

I’m having the same issue and it’s so obnoxious. Had to be caused by some update because it’s only started this about a week ago