Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimi1752
Reel Rookie

Paramount + will not stream.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount + will not stream.

Hi @Mimi1752,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Paramount+ channel. We're happy to assist you further. May we know if you're getting any error messages or codes when launching the channel? Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mimi1752
Reel Rookie

Only having trouble with Paramount Plus. Usually won’t load. Get message “not available in this region”. Don’t have the option to delete the app. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mimi1752,

Thanks for the response!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Could you tell us if you have made any changes to your account recently? In what region are you located at the moment?

Please note that if your subscription is under Roku Pay, you'll need to cancel the subscription first to remove the app, restart your Roku device, and then re-install the app.

Here's our Support article to further explain How to remove channels from your Roku streaming device. If it's otherwise directly from the app, kindly contact the customer support of the channel provider for further advice.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lolly2

My screen just goes dark when i press play

0 Kudos
Jimbo766

Last night, PRIOR TO SUPER BOWL, Rather than take the "1 week F REE trial" at Paramount+ online, I just renewed My Roku Paramount.  Billed $5.99, but figured I could watch for a month.  NO Super Bowl on Roku! Black screen like EVERYONE is complaining about.

Went to Paramount+.com & PAID AGAIN with a new credit card. Could NOT link to Roku from there, Roku couldn't/wouldn't  send authorization code.  Had to watch on computer. 

The BUFFERING & LOCK-UPS from Paramount's own direct feed made the game unwatchable!

I had to watch the Superbowl through Nickelodeon/Philo. Nickelodeon was the ONLY network that came through! Sponge Bob Square Pants is more COMPETENT than Roku or Paramount. I'm canceling both Paramount connections & dare them to bill me!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Lolly2 @Jimbo766!

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

It is highly appreciated that you brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with this.

If you are only seeing the black screen when accessing the Paramount Plus app, it is highly suggested to directly reach out to the channel provider themselves, which in this case, Paramount Plus's customer support and let them know about this so they can update their app as they are the ones who maintain it on the Roku streaming platform.

Furthermore, if you wish to cancel your subscription, you can refer to our Support article on How to cancel a subscription or reach out to our Account and Billing team so you will have the option to talk, chat, or email with one of our live experts.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @yesmahnoor,

Thanks for the posts here in the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? Are you attempting to stream content on the Roku mobile app or the website? In addition, can you please provide a step-by-step description of the issue you are encountering?

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos