Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelpmeIdc

Roku 4k ultra wont turn on

For some reason no mater if I unplug or take out batteries or change the charging port, it won't turn on. When I press the button the light is on but then the light stops. I tired a different hdmi but idk what the problem is, any help?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4k ultra wont turn on

Hi @HelpmeIdc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your report about this. It seems like we don't have much information on this case. If I understand it correctly, you're having an issue with both your remote and your Roku device, right? Or share with us a bit more and we'll further look into it.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Roku 4k ultra wont turn on

@HelpmeIdcA few questions: Did you purchase it new and if so, where/when? Is this a recent problem or has it occurred in the past? I'm a bit confused when you say you've switched 'charging ports' since the Ultra is powered by AC rather than a rechargeable battery. Have you checked the outlet the AC adapter is plugged into? Have you noticed any other strange behavior? And finally, if its still under warranty, I'd recommend you do a trouble shooting session with support to determine if the AC port or adapter is defective.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos