Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gooddealz

Trouble with direct TV stream background audio and video

Jump to solution

Having a odd problem with directtv stream on Roku. When I go to library/guide normally in the background you can hear and see a little bit. but it suddenly has stopped. If I delete the app and come back it will return shortly for 30 mins and then go away again. I've searched high and low everywhere. Is there a hidden cache somewhere. I really love this feature on my Roku TV 65 inch.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trouble with direct TV stream background audio and video

Jump to solution

Hi @Gooddealz,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing behavior when accessing Direct TV Stream on your Roku TV. It seems like not an intended case. To make sure that clearing the cache of the app is successful, please follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, you can visit our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the problem persists, we would recommend getting additional assistance from the channel support team. Most of the channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here: DIRECTV Support

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Trouble with direct TV stream background audio and video

Jump to solution

Hi @Gooddealz,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing behavior when accessing Direct TV Stream on your Roku TV. It seems like not an intended case. To make sure that clearing the cache of the app is successful, please follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, you can visit our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the problem persists, we would recommend getting additional assistance from the channel support team. Most of the channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here: DIRECTV Support

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos