Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garamondpro
Reel Rookie

Why isn't there a "complication" to open the Roku Apple Watch app more efficiently?

Why doesn't the Roku app for the Apple Watch have a complication so you can open the app from a watch face?

I've tried multiple times to ask Roku support about this and they couldn't seem to even understand what I was asking.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why isn't there a "complication" to open the Roku Apple Watch app more efficiently?

Hi @Garamondpro,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about the Roku app on the Apple Watch. If the app has not been opened for a while, please try to re-open the Roku app. Also, it is worth noting that the voice control may not work when the app isn’t open and that the Apple Watch's response time to perform any action is way slower than directly doing it from the main app. This may be because the Apple Watch is not communicating directly with the Roku device; instead, it’s communicating with the phone first, and the phone sends the signal to act. You may need to keep the iOS Roku app open while using this functionality. Not running in the background, but fully open. If that does not make it work, try closing the Roku app on both devices from the App Switcher, and then open the iOS app, then the WatchOS one, and hopefully that will allow both devices to communicate with each other.

For further assistance, we highly suggest you contact the Apple customer support team to report the issue and get help. There might be ways in which this issue can be addressed with their Apple device.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Garamondpro
Reel Rookie

Re: Why isn't there a "complication" to open the Roku Apple Watch app more efficiently?

Thanks for your reply, but it's completely off point and doesn't address my issue/concern request in the slightest. If anything, it emphasizes how Roku support doesn't seem to even understand what I was asking about. 

The problem isn't about my watch not functioning correctly, a glitch, or some Apple-related issue. It's a missing feature in your watch app that needs to be corrected. Please stop trying to misdirect your users with irrelevant, unhelpful form-letter responses. 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Garamondpro,

Thanks for the feedback!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. As of the moment, there is no update yet with regard to this. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Garamondpro
Reel Rookie

I wish you had a better answer for me, but at least it answers my question. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
nnane
Reel Rookie

I’m 100% withe the OP on this. clicking and scrolling to the R section to open Roku app sounds easy, but it’s about 10-seconds, when — if the complication exists to add the Ruku app shortcut to the watch face, it would take maybe 1 second to pause or play a show. Using Alexa for this is much faster “Alexa pause Roku” but getting control when you need it (on your wrist) be ideal.