Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyanito124

Bounce off most streaming channels every 20-30 min

Recently moved to a Roku - I watch Netflix, Hulu, etc. and 20 min into movie or show I  am bounced off wireless.  I restart Roku and begin again.  Help 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bounce off most streaming channels every 20-30 min

Hi @Tyanito124,

Thank you for contacting us, and welcome to the Roku Community!

I apologize for the delayed reply. We've noticed that you're experiencing playback issues with these channels. We're here to help.

If you see this behavior coming back again, we've got you covered with our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know what you find out and if it works.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Bounce off most streaming channels every 20-30 min

@Tyanito124It's important to state the Roku model, firmware version and type of Internet connection when posting. That said, the most common reason for this behavior is WiFi channel congestion. Using an app like WiFi Analyzer for Android, or something similar for IOS devices. Once installed, it will show nearby users and the channels they're using as well as ratings for the best choice. Choose one that's lest congested and log into the router/gateway and change it. This will most likely resolve the problem

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos