Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egruber
Channel Surfer

Express + Wi-Fi- one is poor the other excellent. Why?

I have two express + devices. Recently, both showed excellent Wi-Fi reception. Now, one of them shows poor but if I swap it for the second one the second one shows excellent. Why would the first show poor reception when it is excellent?  It always worked fine before. And the two Rokus are exactly the same and using the same network. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express + Wi-Fi- one is poor the other excellent. Why?

Hi @egruber,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Kindly try to perform a system restart on both devices through settings while unplugging and plugging in your router. This might help.

Also, one reason why WiFi speeds are slower on different devices is when multiple devices use the same network; overcrowding occurs as they all compete with each other to connect to the same router. This means devices show different internet speed capacities than the other devices. 

Inform us of your findings.

Regards,
janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
egruber
Channel Surfer

Re: Express + Wi-Fi- one is poor the other excellent. Why?

I restarted the router and both devices and the results are the same. The one Roku express has poor Wi-Fi reception.  I have seen other posts in these forums where some Roku devices lose their Wi-Fi reception as they get older.  I didn’t expect this to happen but it seems to be common.  I assume Roku takes no responsibility here? Maybe I’ll have to try an Amazon fire stick next time. 

0 Kudos