Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiptop

Help can’t connect to the wifi and don’t have control

I can’t link my wifi

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help can’t connect to the wifi and don’t have control

Hi @Tiptop,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting. We understand that you are having trouble connecting to your home network. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Did you make any changes to your connection recently?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what is the make and model of your router?
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gigiboo

I was on Prime and my internet/wifi lost connection. It will not connect ar all its like it cant find the internet. It just happened and its never happened before. My other device is still connected.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@TiptopWhat model Roku, which firmware version and have you used a network app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or if IOS, something similar to check for channel congestion? Also helpful to know whether you're using the 2.4 or 5 gHz bands to connect. The typical issue with connectivity are lots of neighbors using the same band/channel so switching to one that's lest congested usually solves it

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos