Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKirk

My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

My Onn TV and my other roku devices won't stay connected to wifi even though it's says I have excellent signal I have to re connect them over and over but each time the small devices just kick me right back off the Onn TV works sometimes but not all the time I don't like paying for internet when I can't even watch my TV half the time I am down to one out of 3 tvs right now because of this please help me fix I have already reset my router and restated the tvs there's got to be another solution please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi @Beck0517, @TM_I,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the network connectivity issue with your Roku TV. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

In this case, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Reboot your network connection. Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.
  • Check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi under Settings > Network > Check connection.
  • Restart your Roku device from the Settings menu; please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

In addition, if you encounter error codes such as Error 003, 004, and 005, please check out this support article on how to fix Roku streaming device update problems. You will know more about these error codes and what you should do to fix the issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi @AKirk,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge your concern and flagging this to us. Is there an ethernet port to your Roku TV, and see if you can connect an ethernet cable to get a network? Also, have you tried the soft restart to your Roku TVs and streaming device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > (skip if no sub-menu) System Restart? Further, have you tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to maintain a connection?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hcamaro84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Onn TV is doing the same thing. Constantly kicks me offline but other TV's and devices are fine. Tried everything listed, still not fixed.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @hcamaro84

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered regarding the loss of connection with your Roku TV, and we'd be more than glad to assist. Kindly follow this other troubleshooting step below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hcamaro84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That did not work.

Jump to solution

I second this. Something is wrong with the TV itself. It won't even let me use the remote and I am always signing out/back in after resetting my router, TV, fixing the settings, logging off/on to my account. If there is not another way we need to know how we can get these replaced. Thank you.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lovelykrismarie,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the connectivity issue you're running into. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Could you please verify if you are getting any error messages or codes when you are trying to connect your Roku device?
  2. Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to check the connection to your home network and the internet | Official Roku Support.

Also, we recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mixedbreed04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Error code 014.50

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mixedbreed04,

Greetings from the Roku Community

Thank you for contacting us. It seems that you are encountering the Roku error 014.50, which indicates that the Wi-Fi password you have entered is incorrect. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection for your Roku device, please double-check the password you have entered and try again.

Or let us know if there are some changes recently that might be related to this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mixedbreed04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, this has to be something within the TV because my Internet password is not incorrect. It’s the same thing since I just moved in and the password I’m using works on everything else and also I am no longer able to airplay or cast to the TV. This was before the Wi-Fi stopped working!! So what do I do? 

0 Kudos