Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slammer8
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Wired Connection Does not Work

Jump to solution

I have a fully wired house and so I bought 3 Roku Ultra's to connect to 3 televisions that I have. All 3 of them do not work via wired connection. To be clear, all the ports work fine when I direct connect into the television via ethernet cable, but do not work when connected to Roku Ultra. I also removed the switch and went direct to the router with one of the connections and it still doesn't work. All 3 work fine when connected to the wireless router. It's pretty clear that this is a Roku issue. I've tried rebooting, resetting and everything you can imagine to get this to work, but am at a loss as to what to do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Wired Connection Does not Work

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasBuyer,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're still having issues connecting your Roku Ultra to your wired network connection, and we'll be glad to further assist you. Did you make any changes to your wired network? Kindly try the steps below to see if they fix the issue. 

Reset the network connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced System Settings.
  4. Select Network Connection Reset.
  5. Select Reset Connection. 

System restart your device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

Feel free to update us on how it goes. We'll be happy to hear back from you.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Can you give us more information?  Do you get any error messages or codes when you try to connect?  Is there anything about your network that we should know about like you're using a VPN or a content/ad blocker?  Do they work with a Wi-Fi connection?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Slammer8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No errors. Just doesn't work through wired connection. Wireless works fine. No VPN or anything special about network. Again, wired connection works fine when I go direct to Smart TVs so it can't be on my end. All 3 Roku Ultra's do not work wired in 3 different locations in my home.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

One thing, do you use IPV6 on your network?  Roku just recently started supporting it and there have been reports of people having issues with it.  I can't recall the details and I would think it would affect wired or wireless the same.

There have been very few reports of wired connections not working over the years and when they do occur it has almost always been because of a bad cable or bad Ethernet port.  It seems highly unlikely that you could have three bad Ultras and if it was something in the software then we'd be hearing a lot more reports.  My Ultra uses a wired connection and I haven't had any problems.  It's been a long time since I've used Internet Connection Sharing on a Windows PC, but that might be a way to test one of the Ultras if you have the appropriate computer.  Otherwise, I think you'd have to take one to a friend's.  There's little to no Roku technical support here.  Most of the moderators will just give a link to a web page or claim to forward your concern to ???  We never seem to hear anything back in those threads except maybe for people saying they never heard anything either.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Slammer8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I spoke with someone at Roku and was told that this is a recently found software issue due to the amount of people complaining (likr myself). Was told they were working on a patch. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
415-CIV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem. I use eero Pro network. Hope they push a software update soon. Roku Ultra is the issue and it is frustrating. The only reason I use the Roku is to enhance my 4K streaming experience and it is failing. My Smart TV processor is doing better than Roku… Roku, needs to wake up or it will loose customers due to the inferior performance. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @415-CIV,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble connecting your Roku Ultra to your wired connection. We're happy to assist you further. We recommend rebooting both your router and your Roku device. We would also recommend trying another Ethernet cable.

Let us know how it works.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Slammer8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

John, maybe you missed everything that I mentioned initially. I have not just one but three Roku Ultras that do not work in three different locations which means I have a dufferent ethernet cord for each. The cables work fine when I input them directly into the Smart TVs. I have rebooted the router multiple times, rebooted Ultras, factory reset Ultras and nothing works. All three of the Ultras have been purchased in the last 4 months and have the correct software. This is a Roku Ultra device issue.

TexasBuyer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem starting last night and did all the checks multiple times.  The ethernet connection had worked for the prior 2 years on the Roku Ultra.  Now, only the wireless connection will work.  There is no error message.  Upon reboot, the yellow light on the ethernet flash 2 times and then nothing else happens now.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasBuyer,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve the issue. In this case, we recommend rebooting both your router and your Roku device. We would also recommend trying another Ethernet cable to see if you are still experiencing the same issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos