Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredG24
Binge Watcher

Roku premiere can't see the WiFi signal

Last Sunday, a transformer near me blew and I am assuming that is the reason my Roku will not see the WiFi signal. I have another TV connected and there are no problems. I get error code 014.30, but even in the same room, my phone gets signal but the Roku does not. Ideas please! Thank you!

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku premiere can't see the WiFi signal

What model of Roku do you have?  Most models labeled “Premiere” have been 2.4GHz-only devices, but some have been dual band (5GHz/2.4GHz.)  If you have a 2.4GHz-only model, then make sure 2.4GHz is still enabled at the router and that it is set for all modes (b/g/n) and not just g/n.  Your router may have loaded new firmware when it rebooted, and some router firmware updates have been known to reduce or completely turn off 2.4GHz.  (But they still allow you to turn it back on.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
JaredG24
Binge Watcher

Unable to reconnect to the wifi

A few weeks ago there was a transformer that blew in my neighborhood. Ever since then, my Roku cannot find the Wi-Fi signal. I have since bought a 3920R Roku premiere because my other one was old. I thought that may be an issue. Neither one can find the Wi-Fi signal now. And I'm missing anything?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
JaredG24
Binge Watcher

I have a Roku premiere 3920R. I switched the Wi-Fi signal to its lower setting and it still won't find it.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to reconnect to the wifi

The 3920 came out in 2018 - is that the newer one?  It's a 2.4GHz-only model, so I think it's likely that the older one is as well.  As such, a simple explanation would be that your router is not running on 2.4GHz anymore.  (ie: 5GHz-only). 

When you log into the router to check that, also make sure that the 2.4GHz has all modes b/g/n enabled.  (not just g/n.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Deemacq

Unable to connect WiFi since last night. Was working fine before then. Tried several times to connect. Getting error code 014.50 each time. How do I fix?

0 Kudos
JaredG24
Binge Watcher

My router is WPA2/WPA3.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Deemacq, try restarting your router (even if everything else in you house can connect).

@JaredG24, that's the security settings.  @Strega2 is asking whether your router has 2.4GHz channels enabled.  If you don't know how to get that information from your router, post the name of your ISP (Internet service provider) and the make and model of your router (written on it somewhere).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @JaredG24

The Roku Premier has a single-band connection and only detects networks that are 2.4 GHz. Have you tried changing the settings on your network to enable 2.4 GHz for your streaming device to be able to detect it? Additionally, since your Roku device displayed an error code related to no network connectivity error, it's a good step to perform a system restart to your Roku device from Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart.

After performing the steps above, please check if you're able to successfully connect to your network.

If the issue persists, keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JaredG24
Binge Watcher

I have restarted my router several times and it has both 2.4 and 5 available. My Roku just isn't seeing that it's available. 

I should point out, my Internet is not a land line. It's a signal similar to a smart phone.

0 Kudos