Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdon
Reel Rookie

Router log shows Roku stick accessing strange web sites

Jump to solution

Hello.

My router log is showing my Roku 4K streaming stick accessing a URL that looks like this: "abbrp7iaaaaaaaamhfuakqadbl65h.shard-2.pop-iad-2.cf.da...". The router log cut off the full URL because it is very long.

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Router log shows Roku stick accessing strange web sites

Jump to solution

It’s a shame that the router cuts of the important part of the URL, but throwing that fragment at google suggests that it may be an Amazon server.  Besides Prime and FreeVee, lots of companies use Amazon servers, including Roku themselves, I believe.

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It’s a shame that the router cuts of the important part of the URL, but throwing that fragment at google suggests that it may be an Amazon server.  Besides Prime and FreeVee, lots of companies use Amazon servers, including Roku themselves, I believe.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
jdon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank for replying, Strega2.

Yes, it is a shame. Googling it was tricky. I had to strip off the first string of characters and then I found something that alluded to my problem and that person mentioned Amazon.

I've never seen that type of entry in my log before so I got concerned.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jdonout of curiosity, have you looked into WiFi band congestion through use of a phone app like WiFi Analyzer or something similar from IOS? I ask since this sounds like there's a security issue with your connection and switching to a different band/channel might help. Just something to contemplate

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos