g0pkh wrote:Interesting Les.
I have one in repair at the moment, I will run it up on the Bench PSU, and see what the current draw is.
Certainly at reasonable volume I would think a good amp or so.
I will check.
rlguildford wrote:I'm pleased it's working but I've got that uneasy feeling that I've not actually done anything which should cause it to work - so it may be short-lived.
Here's a theory.... (that's all it is, BTW).
Let's assume that one or more of the of the capacitors is dying. By dismantling the unit, you will have touched these and applied very slight pressure to them, which will have microscopically flexed the internal structure where the lead goes into the component. In so doing, you may have provided a temporary fix by improving the internal connection.
S80_UK wrote:Let's assume that one or more of the of the capacitors is dying...
Only time will tell. My guess is anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months.
g0pkh wrote:Sorry chaps.
But as yet I have never had to pay any attention to the main unit, apart from replaceing burned out speakers that is LOL.
I have a unit here which I am going to break for the speakers so can let you guys know later, when I open the front unit up.
Perhaps Matt has one in bits at the moment.
Certainly sounds like it 3900uF
I would guess a 3300uf cap Type-E Size-FK, which would then make it at a 3300uf, 25volt, medium size aluminum electolytic.
If I needed one, I would try this one
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/53280- ... e332m.html
alanmc wrote:IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m enjoying the music being played on my workbench from my Roberts WM-201 without any of the booming bass I used to get from the R1000 I previously owned
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests