IP address set to 0.0.0.1, netmask, gateway, DNS okay

Discuss SoundBridge Radio-specific issues here. For generic SoundBridge discussion, please use the SoundBridge General Discussion forum.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

IP address set to 0.0.0.1, netmask, gateway, DNS okay

Postby flyn » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I have a Roku SoundBridge Radio running software version 3.0.44. My radio is able to connect to my WPA2-protected wireless network. However, DHCP does not seem to function properly. The radio sets its IP address to 0.0.0.1. On the other hand, the netmask, gateway and DNS server are set property (255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1). I know the SoundBridge is communicating to my DHCP server because I can see DHCPDISCOVER and DHCPOFFER messages in my DHCP server's log for my SoundBridge's MAC address.

I have tried to reconfigure the SoundBridge's wireless network connection. I have also reset the SoundBridge to its factory defaults. Neither action helped.

My SoundBridge was returned to Roku for a power supply replacement approximately six months ago.

Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. Every other client on my network is able to interact with my DHCP server properly.
flyn

Re: IP address set to 0.0.0.1, netmask, gateway, DNS okay

Postby jjaf » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:51 am

Hi flyn

Switch off the Soundbridge Radio and let it cool down for a while. Then switch it on to see if you get a proper connection. If this works but it loses connection again after it has warmed up it could indicate a power supply problem which is causing the wifi to fail.

Also try a router reboot.
R1000, M400, M1001
jjaf

Postby SupaFly » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 pm

I have been having the same issue. Initially the wireless failed. I was going to add a wired connection anyway, so I put in a router and wand the SoundBridge wired for some time, then the wired network connection failed. I gave up after troubleshooting and unplugged it for several days, and on a whim plugged it in again. It worked for several hours, then started to fail. Now I plug it in when I want to use it, then unplug it when I'm done.

I am on my second power adapter (wall outlet to DC inlet on the M1001).
Is this an indication of a faulty power supply, power adapter, or network card(s). Are there any solutions or repairs available? I wrote Roku an e-mail a week ago and still no response...
SupaFly

Postby jjaf » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Supafly:
Roku no longer support the Soundbridge products so you will not get a response from them.

The Roku PSU's are the most frequent points of failure with all the Soundbridge models. See this thread for information on where you can buy non-Roku replacements which should give you many more years of Soundbridge use.
R1000, M400, M1001
jjaf

Postby SupaFly » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Interesting, I would not have thought that a 1-year-old wall wart would cause network connection problems for both wired and wireless configurations. I'll look into getting another new one and hope that fixes it. Thanks for the reply.
SupaFly

Return to SoundBridge Radio General Discussion