MLB.TV Public Beta Feedback

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

MLB.TV Public Beta Feedback

Postby RokuBrian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I just sent an email to everyone I've collected email addresses and Roku serial numbers from these past two weeks as we are now ready to start the Roku/MLB.TV public beta. Please check your email (give it a few minutes) and follow the directions very carefully to get up and running with this new channel. We apologize for the delays on this and we welcome your feedback here.

Thank you for your patience, and please let me know if you have any questions. I will be checking the forum threads, but you can also ping me at brian@roku.com should you have trouble upgrading your Roku player, linking your account, etc.

Regards,
RokuBrian
RokuBrian

Re: MLB.TV Public Beta Feedback

Postby ADHurt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Yes, I know I'm jumping the gun... (super eager if you couldn't tell) If I don't see anything in my e-mail, I should contact you again?

(yes, I'll give you a few more minutes)
ADHurt

Postby RokuBrian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:17 pm

ADHurt wrote:Yes, I know I'm jumping the gun... (super eager if you couldn't tell) If I don't see anything in my e-mail, I should contact you again?

(yes, I'll give you a few more minutes)

Feel free to ping me again. I got a couple bounce backs that I've tried following up w/ but never hurts to send again.
RokuBrian

Postby jncasey » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Just installed it and started watching a live game. After about a minute I got the hanging rebuffering mentioned in the email, but I restarted the channel and I've been watching without a problem for the last ten minutes.
jncasey

Postby ADHurt » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm

RokuBrian wrote:Feel free to ping me again. I got a couple bounce backs that I've tried following up w/ but never hurts to send again.

Just did. Thank you!
ADHurt

Postby rockforu2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

i installed it about 10 minutes ago and working great so far on the sd and sf game
rockforu2

Postby gurghi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks for your work on this- and delivering in mid-April as promised.

Archived games seem to have fewer streaming issues than live ones...

Any thought to a more varied place-holder screen when commercials are in progress? This image is going to burn into my plasma pretty quickly, I'm afraid.
gurghi

Postby domeboys » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Install process worked very smoothly.

Buffering problem occurred within first minute of usage on Cards-D'Backs game after jumping to live. Third time, it became stuck on "loading" view. Exited from view and re-selected channel. Hung up a second time and had to repeat. Then a third time. All on the same initial batter. Not really watchable. Fourth time, I skipped to live instead of resume and it worked better. About ten minutes so far without freezing.

Not an issue, but just reporting that Roku signal seems about 2 seconds behind MLB.TV to computer. Initial Roku video quality noticeably superior to MLB.TV on computer, but seems short of HD.
domeboys

Postby dspud2006 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Ok, well I am not having as much luck as the rest of you. The first time I attempted to go into the channel, it didn't show any of todays games or any archived games. All the dates were blank. I exited, and re-entered the channel. I have been "retrieving..." for the last 10 minutes. :(

I have a great connection, I watched Netflix everyday and always connect to the HD feed if there is one.
dspud2006

Postby Jim-in-Tucon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Got my beta info tonight. Setup went without a hitch. Got the Giants-Padres live in the bottom of the 8th. There was a re-buffer after about 30 seconds. It lasted only a few seconds and picked up right where it left off. (I've had an occasional identical re-buffer with Netflix/Roku.) Picture quality looks excellent on my 30-inch 1080p set. I used the San Diego Cox HD feed.

I got this service for Rockies, so I went next to today's archived game with Washington. Initial loading and later skip-to-inning worked fine. Picture quality from FSRM-HD was excellent. No re-buffer. There were a couple of video slowdowns, only a second or so. Some video breakup once, but that was on a camera change, so I don't know if it was on the FSRM feed or between there and Roku. Not a big deal.

Count this as a great start.
Jim-in-Tucon

Postby dspud2006 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 pm

dspud2006 wrote:Ok, well I am not having as much luck as the rest of you. The first time I attempted to go into the channel, it didn't show any of todays games or any archived games. All the dates were blank. I exited, and re-entered the channel. I have been "retrieving..." for the last 10 minutes. :(

I have a great connection, I watched Netflix everyday and always connect to the HD feed if there is one.

Problem fixed. People may have to redo their wireless settings. I did. Looks great Roku. Get the inning advance and fix the rebuffering and I will be a customer for a LONG time.
dspud2006

Postby lvporta » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 pm

I am getting the content but am buffering quite a bit at this point....I realize this is a known issue....is that something that will be fixed? Thanks for getting this much out
lvporta

Postby lvporta » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm

dspud2006 wrote:
dspud2006 wrote:Ok, well I am not having as much luck as the rest of you. The first time I attempted to go into the channel, it didn't show any of todays games or any archived games. All the dates were blank. I exited, and re-entered the channel. I have been "retrieving..." for the last 10 minutes. :(

Problem fixed. People may have to redo their wireless settings. I did. Looks great Roku. Get the inning advance and fix the rebuffering and I will be a customer for a LONG time.

What do you mean by "redo their wireless settings" and how would I do that?...thanks
lvporta

Postby RokuBrian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

lvporta wrote:I am getting the content but am buffering quite a bit at this point....I realize this is a known issue....is that something that will be fixed? Thanks for getting this much out

This is something we continue to work on w/ MLB, yes.
RokuBrian

Postby RokuBrian » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

lvporta wrote:
dspud2006 wrote:

What do you mean by "redo their wireless settings" and how would I do that?...thanks

I'm thinking you might need to re-connect to your wireless network or Ethernet (under settings, Network) after the unit has updated. Just make sure you have the advertisement on the home screen (Amazon, MLB, Pandora, etc.) which means you have a network connection in place.
RokuBrian

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion