USA & Syfy & NBC shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

USA & Syfy & NBC shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Postby Bonneville44 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:14 pm

According to Feedfliks and Netflix's own website the following shows will be coming to Netflix instant watch on 10/1/10:

Psych
In Plain Sight
Monk

EUReKA
Battlestar Gallactica (the new one)

More may be on the way!

It usually takes a few days to see these content deals for TV shows to trickle through the site.

The last seasons of 30 Rock, The Office, and L&O: SVU will also be available 10/1/10.

edit**also from NBC: Trauma, Mercy, S4 of Friday Night Lights, & S1 and S2 of Parks and Recreation**edit

I'm excited because I have always wanted to see the above shows, but miss many episodes only catching them intermittantly.

Thanks, Netflix!
Last edited by Bonneville44 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bonneville44

Re: USA & Syfy shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Postby Crow550 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Cool. Maybe Burn Notice too. Even though I'm almost finished with Season 3.

Where is the Final season of Lost too? I know it will come sometime but when?
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Bonneville44 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm

I sure hope Burn Notice.

As for LOST, ABC seems slow to update new streaming for us this year. Grey's Anatomy became available, but no word on Desperate Housewives or LOST.

Persons Unknown (from NBC Universal) will stream soon as well. It was a short summer series this year.
Bonneville44

Postby KennyJ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Very cool. I have the first 4 seasons of Psych on Amazon -- but not all in HD, so this will be nice.

Burn Notice would be awesome. We're currently watching S2 on DVD.

BSG will be awesome. I just finished S2 on DVD.
KennyJ

Postby Bonneville44 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:51 pm

I planned on dropping dish network after the holidays (we're suckers for cheesy made for cable christmas movies all day long) and these shows just make it easier for me to do that. I have so much more in my queues than I will ever be able to watch. I do hope they would get some sitcoms form the 90's and 80's. That would make my wife very happy (and me too!). hopefully there will be more distribution deals for back library content from CBS Television distribution. they sit on a TON of content.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Television_Distribution#Library_programming>
Bonneville44

Postby patchman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Bonneville44,
Thanx for the info...This is great news, i never heard about it until now...Thanx once again.

Crow we also started watching burn notice. We just finished season 1 . have the next discs queued up. Awesome show.
patchman

Postby SixBox » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Personally I think "SyFy" sucks, I liked it better when it was "Sci-Fi" and they played old classics like Dark Shadows, Tales From the Darkside and the original Battlestar Galactica and the list goes on...when they first came on back in the early 90's, they played some good stuff that you don't see and will never see on TV again. They also pulled a fast one this July 4th by not playing the bi-annual Twilight Zone marathon, pissed a lot of people off. Well go figure they are victims of the NBC Universal merger and dont' forget another NBC Universal acquisition, The Weather Channel which also now blows.

The whole purpose of ditching cable and being on Roku and other online content is because of much of what's on TV sucks IMHO.

No thanks, unless they stream some old content as well as their plethora of new series, I won't be too interested in adding this channel.

And dont' even ask me about why World Championship Wrestling is on SyFy either :roll:
SixBox

Postby Bonneville44 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 pm

ok then...... i am still glad netflix is picking up these shows.
Bonneville44

Postby KennyJ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:26 pm

SixBox wrote:Personally I think "SyFy" sucks, I liked it better when it was "Sci-Fi" and they played old classics like Dark Shadows, Tales From the Darkside and the original Battlestar Galactica and the list goes on...when they first came on back in the early 90's, they played some good stuff that you don't see and will never see on TV again. They also pulled a fast one this July 4th by not playing the bi-annual Twilight Zone marathon, pissed a lot of people off. Well go figure they are victims of the NBC Universal merger and dont' forget another NBC Universal acquisition, The Weather Channel which also now blows.

The whole purpose of ditching cable and being on Roku and other online content is because of much of what's on TV sucks IMHO.

No thanks, unless they stream some old content as well as their plethora of new series, I won't be too interested in adding this channel.

And dont' even ask me about why World Championship Wrestling is on SyFy either :roll:

Why is Jersey Shore on MTV (Music Television)? Why is Psych on USA (it's filmed in Canada)? Why is Celebrity Rehab on VH1 (Video Hits 1)? Why is Children's Hospital on Cartoon Network?

Who cares? If you like the shows, watch them, if not don't. Personally, I loved the new BSG and Caprica and couldn't care less about Tales From the Darkside or the OG BSG.
KennyJ

Postby kc8pql » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:28 pm

SixBox wrote:

It's not a channel. It's "USA & Syfy shows coming to Netflix".
kc8pql

Postby shelleyp » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 pm

A bit surprised to see Eureka coming to Watch Now. I have the shows on Amazon VOD, but nice to see more offerings showing on Watch Now.

I wonder if Warehouse 13 will show up? Sanctuary has, as well as all the Stargates.

As for Burn Notice, my first reaction would be not to hold your breath, but I'm surprised almost monthly now about what's showing up...so, who knows? Maybe someday. I really love having the TV shows on Watch Now.

Good catch!
shelleyp

Postby kbenson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 pm

SixBox wrote:Personally I think "SyFy" sucks, I liked it better when it was "Sci-Fi" and they played old classics like Dark Shadows, Tales From the Darkside and the original Battlestar Galactica and the list goes on...

I really like some of the edgier sci-fi they are putting out. Battlestar Gallactica, while I didn't watch the whole series (missed a few episodes, and never caught back up) was extremely enjoyable for the first season or two that I watched. In the same vein, Stargate Universe puts a really hard edge on the Stargate franchise, and I was VERY impressed. I can't wait until it starts up again in October.

Then again, I can't dispute the truth of this.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
kbenson

Postby Crow550 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:11 am

My take on Sci-Fi channel.

In the 90s it rocked. Once it decided to make Original movies......It sucked. However some.....Very few Sci-Fi Originals are good like Tin Man which is not the first thing I think of when I think of Science Fiction.

To me Sci-Fi channel aside from a few Sci-Fi type shows.....Is rather insulting to the Sci-Fi Genre. So good thing they re-branded as SyFy. I say keep the name. It fits the network quite well.

I won't turn to that channel for true Science Fiction anyways. The channel was good then slowly went down hill. Now it hangs on what? 2 or 3 Sci-Fi type shows?

Plus ever since they re-branded the heads at that network have said some insulting things about the old channel & fans. Saying MST3K was crap & saying Sci-Fi fans are all basement dwellers. So whatever if they wanna be SyFy. Let em.

KennyJ wrote:
SixBox wrote:Personally I think "SyFy" sucks, I liked it better when it was "Sci-Fi" and they played old classics like Dark Shadows, Tales From the Darkside and the original Battlestar Galactica and the list goes on...when they first came on back in the early 90's, they played some good stuff that you don't see and will never see on TV again. They also pulled a fast one this July 4th by not playing the bi-annual Twilight Zone marathon, pissed a lot of people off. Well go figure they are victims of the NBC Universal merger and dont' forget another NBC Universal acquisition, The Weather Channel which also now blows.

Why is Jersey Shore on MTV (Music Television)? Why is Psych on USA (it's filmed in Canada)? Why is Celebrity Rehab on VH1 (Video Hits 1)? Why is Children's Hospital on Cartoon Network?

Who cares? If you like the shows, watch them, if not don't. Personally, I loved the new BSG and Caprica and couldn't care less about Tales From the Darkside or the OG BSG.

Some of the reasons why Cable & Satellite suck?

Aside from Psych being on USA. LOL! As out of State filming locations are okay. As long as the programming is geared to the people on that channel. Not as bad as Wrestling on a Science Fiction channel unless the Wrestling involves Aliens. Which SyFy is a half assed insult of a Science Fiction network anyways.

Back on topic. :wink:
Crow550

Postby KennyJ » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:01 am

Crow550 wrote:Some of the reasons why Cable & Satellite suck?

Aside from Psych being on USA. LOL! As out of State filming locations are okay. As long as the programming is geared to the people on that channel. Not as bad as Wrestling on a Science Fiction channel unless the Wrestling involves Aliens. Which SyFy is a half assed insult of a Science Fiction network anyways.

Back on topic. :wink:

Ok.. I ran out of examples. My point is no niche channel ever stays that way. It can't survive. Look at TLC (The Learning Channel). Really?

Syfy is no different than just about every other cable channel out there. It's not an insult any more than every other channel is.
KennyJ

Re: USA & Syfy & NBC shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Postby Bonneville44 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:43 am

edit**also from NBC: Trauma, Mercy, S4 of Friday Night Lights, & S1 and S2 of Parks and Recreation**edit
Bonneville44

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion