Current State of UFC Channel?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: Current State of UFC Channel?

Postby iROOP » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:33 am

UFC 128 preliminary fight never uploaded... UFC 128 PPV still able to be watched for me. Anyone else have this? Did they keep UFC 128 up, because of some problems with uploading the prelims. Just curious if anyone else has this going on? First time for me...
iROOP

Postby laxmandan1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Hoping to get a couple of questions answered about the UFC on Roku. Just ordered my Roku XD prmarily because of the UFC. I sort of put myself in a bind for UFC 129. Taking the wife and kids to Disneyworld, etc. for a few weeks and damned if I didn't book the flight to screw me up with the PPV...and of course this card has to be really good (GSP, Shields, Aldo, Couture & Machida all on the same card!!!). We'll be arriving in Orlando (in theory) at 8:17 pm EST. I figure with bags, rental car and driving to the hotel, I'll be in my room by 10 pm at best. Event starts at 9, not to mention any possible prelims, etc. I wanted to figure out a way to watch the event in my hotel room on the TV (since I just have a netbook so the screen is pretty small), and Roku seemed like a good (only?) option. I have a Verizon 4G mobile hotspot, so I think I'll have the necessary speed.

My main issue is that since I'll be missing at least the first hour and maybe more I think maybe I should just wait and order a replay (if available) on Sunday. I have no problem staying off the message boards and can make a point of not watching the sports news. I think I would rather see the whole event on replay than just a portion live. Some other posts that I've read have led me to believe that if I order the live event, it will automatically be saved on Roku under "Live Events" or something and I can access it anytime after the event. Is this the case? Once ordered, can I then watch it any time I want and as many times as I want? (If this is the case, I guess it would give me the best of both worlds, as I could watch probably at least the last 3 fights live and then later/the next day watch whatever part of the event I missed). If I don't end up ordering the live event or won't be able to replay it if I do, are UFC replays available at specific times or on demand? Also, is the quality of the replay better than the live event?
laxmandan1

Postby knithat » Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 am

Is anyone else having connection problems through the UFC channel? I'm getting a connection error with a message starting with "There was an error trying to connect to the service." This has been happening for a couple of days.
knithat

Postby treyjackson » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm

i ordered 130 and had the worst connection ever. It was constantly cutting out and would take forever to come back. I ordered 128 + 129 through roku and had no problems at all. I emailed both roku + ufc to get a refund. roku replied and said I had to contact ufc. I cannot get any replies from ufc. has anyone ever been able to get a refund when they had issues in the past? if so, how did you contact the ufc? thanks,
treyjackson

Postby knithat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Interesting -- We had a terrible time with 129 but no problems with 130. My Roku rebooted twice during 129. We barely had any connection problems at all with 130.
knithat

Postby RickShaw » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 am

Has anyone tried ordering UFC 131? I see the weigh-ins and Countdown, but not the event. Anyone else having this problem?
RickShaw

Postby treyjackson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 pm

I also do not have a purchase option under UFC Live Events. The feed for 130 was horrible for me, so I had already decided to order 131 thru ufc.com. If you havent bought from there yet, give it a try. Its much better. You get about 10 different camera angles you can watch from, about 5 different audio feeds you can go with, live round scoring. There is a lot of features, the best of which is DVR functions during the live show. I complained to everyone about how bad 130 was (I missed about 30% of the live event and most of the main event) and no one even replied. So I will be ordering from ufc.com and streaming to the tv. btw- depending on your internet connection, ufc.com is in HD for 45, you dont have to pay the extra $10 for hd.
treyjackson

Postby RickShaw » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks treyjackson. I may have to try and hookup a PC to my TV now.

UFC 130 was near perfect for me, but 129 was terrible. It rebooted twice and I missed the live Machida/Segal kick.
RickShaw

Postby treyjackson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:02 pm

If you go to www.bloodyelbow.com there is a post that covers all the ways you can get 131 _ it says ustream is hosting 131 also and for 45 you get every fight on the card from one place. you can also buy ufc events through Yahoo sports. While I havent tried the ustream or yahoo streams in the past, I do know that only ufc.com offers all the extra stuff, you cannot get those features through anyone else. I have the facebook prelims streaming on tv right now and while not perfect, the feed is quite good.
treyjackson

Postby treyjackson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 pm

The Machida/crane/karate kid/Segal kick was completely insane!!
treyjackson

Postby treyjackson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:12 pm

My laptop was on the wifi - I just wired it and I now have the fights in HD. The viewer ufc is using on FB right now is the same viewer they use on ufc.com, minus a lot of extras. It automatically gives you the best stream available.
treyjackson

Postby treyjackson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:58 pm

there is now a box that just says "UFC" on main screen, when you click on it there is a box that says "UFC 131" - I believe that is where you order it. It just showed up a few minutes ago - it does not have the 131 picture like normal, but it appears they worked out a way for roku users to buy it. doesnt matter though, I bought thru ufc.com which has PIP and tons of other cool features.
treyjackson

Postby Hematoma » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:58 pm

I ordered UFC 128 on Roku and had a great experience....picture and stream quality were great.

However, the interesting thing was that it was virtually impossible to gather any additional information from Roku regarding details of the purchase. I inquired roughly 3 separate times (prior to the event) if the prelims would be included with my purchase. The UFC had offered free prelims to purchasers of former events if it was done via ufc.live (ufc.tv), which is the same stream that goes to Roku. The customer service was horrendous to say the least. It was a real laugher. There definitely needs to be greater communication between Roku personnel and some of what there channels are offering (i.e. UFC). At the very least I simply asked for the proper direction to be pointed so that my question could be answered. The funny thing is, that I was still receiving responses for weeks from Roku that kept still asking for the basic nature of my question, after I had repeated it as concisely as possible for about 5 times.

Anyways, as has been said recently. It would be great if the Facebook streams could be done via Roku. However, I will be hooking my pc up to my hdtv from hereon.

I am going to order UFC 134 in a few weeks.....hope the picture quality is similar.
Hematoma

Postby kc8pql » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Channels are completely independent from Roku. It's a bit like asking Sony or Panasonic about what's going to be on your TV tomorrow. UFC gets your money and they are the ones to ask.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby stratcat96 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Hematoma wrote:I ordered UFC 128 on Roku and had a great experience....picture and stream quality were great.

However, the interesting thing was that it was virtually impossible to gather any additional information from Roku regarding details of the purchase. I inquired roughly 3 separate times (prior to the event) if the prelims would be included with my purchase. The UFC had offered free prelims to purchasers of former events if it was done via ufc.live (ufc.tv), which is the same stream that goes to Roku. The customer service was horrendous to say the least. It was a real laugher. There definitely needs to be greater communication between Roku personnel and some of what there channels are offering (i.e. UFC). At the very least I simply asked for the proper direction to be pointed so that my question could be answered. The funny thing is, that I was still receiving responses for weeks from Roku that kept still asking for the basic nature of my question, after I had repeated it as concisely as possible for about 5 times.

Anyways, as has been said recently. It would be great if the Facebook streams could be done via Roku. However, I will be hooking my pc up to my hdtv from hereon.

I am going to order UFC 134 in a few weeks.....hope the picture quality is similar.

Roku did not create the channel. Your inquiries should be directed to the channel owner/creator
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion