NBA League Pass 2011-2012 now available from NBA.com site

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: NBA League Pass 2011-2012 now available from NBA.com sit

Postby the man » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm

kc8pql wrote:^ That's about the same as saying "My cable is out and my TV manufacturer needs to get it fixed".

wait ....so roku should take no responsibility or pride at all on content they advertise on their player??? ..its more like saying " my tbs channel on my cable isn't working and i want the cable company to fix it because they advertise the channel as one I can watch when I bought their service"
If it's the NBA's fault roku should be on their ass about it .....
the man

Postby kc8pql » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:48 pm

the man wrote:..its more like saying " my tbs channel on my cable isn't working and i want the cable company to fix it because they advertise the channel as one I can watch when I bought their service"

Roku sells hardware. Content owners develop the channels, store and serve the content, and take your money. Roku just connects you to the NBA server.
If it's the NBA's fault roku should be on their ass about it .....

I agree, and I think they probably are.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby kiikeepr » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 pm

I don't understand, I updated the Game Time app (which didn't say "Beta") and it went back to a Beta version. I uninstalled and installed it again and it still says it is the Beta version, but it has all the features that appeared before when it wasn't a Beta version. Now I try to log in in the Roku app and it says that the username or password is incorrect, but I can easily log in in the webpage or in a mobile app. I have already paid the league pass ($109).

Someone please help.

Thanks in advance!
kiikeepr

Postby the man » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:31 pm

kiikeepr wrote:I don't understand, I updated the Game Time app (which didn't say "Beta") and it went back to a Beta version. I uninstalled and installed it again and it still says it is the Beta version, but it has all the features that appeared before when it wasn't a Beta version. Now I try to log in in the Roku app and it says that the username or password is incorrect, but I can easily log in in the webpage or in a mobile app. I have already paid the league pass ($109).

Someone please help.

Thanks in advance!

im having the EXACT same problem ... Terrible
the man

Postby jevman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:16 pm

the man wrote:
kiikeepr wrote:I don't understand, I updated the Game Time app (which didn't say "Beta") and it went back to a Beta version. I uninstalled and installed it again and it still says it is the Beta version, but it has all the features that appeared before when it wasn't a Beta version. Now I try to log in in the Roku app and it says that the username or password is incorrect, but I can easily log in in the webpage or in a mobile app. I have already paid the league pass ($109).

Someone please help.

Thanks in advance!

im having the EXACT same problem ... Terrible

Same problem, this is totally unacceptable, and I was going crazy the last few days changing passwords, trying to figure out if my Roku was broke, yet the NBA has to know about this and they didn't even post a message saying "we know some of you can't login on your roku, we're working on it." Its been over 72 hours, and I've missed two Knicks games (in a shortened season, when there's only 30 something im not getting on TV anyway). And that would be unacceptable if the app wasn't a piece of <I just took a Roku to the knee> to start, with having to relogin every time you switch games (which I can't even login to see one game now!). This is ridiculous, I just shot them an email, if it wasn't a Christmas present I would have called and told them to cancel my subscription and refund my money.
jevman

Postby the man » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:30 pm

kc8pql wrote:Roku sells hardware. Content owners develop the channels, store and serve the content, and take your money. Roku just connects you to the NBA server.

Seems like if you bought a roku you should be able to use it ... when it came out as a netflix player what if it wouldn't let you log into netflix ??? Would it be ok to sell the roku netflix player even if you couldn't play netflix on it ? The ONLY reason I bought a Roku is Because it had leauge pass . Therefore in my eyes Roku and the Nba are both at fault. And Roku SHOULD address the problem ...I don't see how anyone could not think that .

And Looking at your other post in your history it seems as if your one of the "brand defenders" ...silly
the man

Postby ehren88888 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Tonight Pistons/Sixers video lasts about 5 minutes and quits and then I see the scoreboard. Reload game and drops again. Video quality switching between HD and SD all the time. Sure doesn't make me wanna purchase the season pass! How about the NBA Extending the free preview??? Aha hahahahaha what a laugh!

15mb down/3 up cable wifi
Roku2 2720x owner.
60meg down cable Internet 5mb up
Southern Wisconsin
PHILLIES PHANATIC!!!
ehren88888

Postby cyruszuo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I've got the same login issue. It worked fine until the update I think. Is everyone having that issue using the $109 version?
Clearly it is "working" for some. I'm looking for a common thread to the login issue.
cyruszuo

Postby eding » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:31 pm

I also have the $109 version and can't log in. This is really frustrating. I contacted NBA support and that was useless. The rep asked what browser I was using even though I was asking about Roku. Wanted to know if I was connected wirelessly or wired, as if that mattered. Told me to check for updates, like I know less about how a Roku box works than she does following a script. I know the Roku people work with major developers like the NBA. I trust you're talking about this matter. A shoddy product like this reflects badly on everyone associated with it, no matter who's at fault.
eding

Postby jevman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:29 pm

cyruszuo wrote:I've got the same login issue. It worked fine until the update I think. Is everyone having that issue using the $109 version?
Clearly it is "working" for some. I'm looking for a common thread to the login issue.

$109 version here as well.
jevman

Postby caspari862 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 pm

After reading all these reports I will not be getting the NBA league pass.
caspari862

Postby mrro82 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:12 am

caspari862 wrote:After reading all these reports I will not be getting the NBA league pass.

I'm having serious reservations about it as well. One of the main points of getting a Roku was to watch the NBA League Pass since Charter doesn't offer it for some weird reason.
mrro82

Postby 3LNinja » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:49 am

Thank you all for posting your problems. I share them. I have the $109 option, can login on my computer, but cannot login to the Roku channel with the identical username and login. I also bought Roku expressly for the League Pass option, and this situation has pissed me off to no end.

I had the channel working for a while but am, at present, back to square 1. Login Failed. What really pisses me off is that the roku permits me to login with an old username and password, connected to NBA.com, but not connected to league pass. So, ROKU recognizes the NBA username and password not connected with leaguepass, but not the one I used to buy the package. It is like they are deliberately f***ing with me.

I also thought they were f***ing with me when it was so hard to get the 2011-2012 channel, that it's still in beta, that it's still the Lite version, etc...

In any case, I read on a different forum that the login problem involves the internet connection (I have a roku 2 XS). I am connected by wire though, not wireless. I read that if you reset your router/modem, the login will work. I have not yet tried this, but will keep you all posted.

Last thing: the free trial for league pass ends tomorrow (1/8). I am hoping that after the free trial, the number of users will decrease and the NBA & Roku can get down to the business of glitch fixing. Hopefully after the free trial, they'll address these login issues and maybe get a premium channel that is neither lite nor Beta. Last year, it took the NBA & Roku a while to get things straight with the channel too. I'm not happy about any of this, but I'll still give them another 14 days or so to improve this product before I really start unleashing venom on this forum and others
3LNinja

Postby RickRansom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Did they just release a 2011-2012 version? I saw this from Roku's website and it seems legit.

With NBA Game Time get free scores, stats, news and highlights, plus the ability to access your NBA.com League Pass subscription, which offers up to 40 live out of market games, plus archived games on demand.

http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store#3

I'm still on my way home but can anybody check this out?? :lol:
Retired
RickRansom

Postby 3LNinja » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:46 am

They advertise a 2011-12 channel, but there is no upgraded channel yet. The link brings you to the same lite beta channel.

Why they advertise for something that does not work is beyond me.
3LNinja

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion