ROKU 3 Remote sometime seems to lose connection?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

ROKU 3 Remote sometime seems to lose connection?

Postby ORTIZJJ12 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Sometimes my Roku 3 remote will be unresponsive, as if it lost connection to the box or maybe something wrong with the wifi? or the batteries?

For example, It'll work fine and respond when I push buttons, but say for example I'm watching a movie and I want to press the pause button, nothing happens. None of the buttons are responsive, and the only way for me to get the remote working again is to pull out the batteries then reinsert them. Then it works normal.

Perhaps the batteries that came with the Roku 3 are just mediocre? I just got the Roku 3 on Friday.

Anyone else experience this?
ORTIZJJ12

Re: ROKU 3 Remote sometime seems to lose connection?

Postby patpucker » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:34 pm

I have found that using the headphone jack feature just eats up the batteries so I would think the juice is your problem.
patpucker

Postby aljacket » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 am

I had the happen once. Unplugging and replugging up to the power of the Roku3 seemed to do the trick.
aljacket

Postby RokuShawnS » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Those of you experiencing this issue, can you please PM me the following information? Thanks.

1. Name, email, phone
2. Serial # of the unit
3. Firmware version reported in Settings
4. Typical usage of the remote (ie, where it sits when not in use; do you sometimes carry it around; how far from the router; etc)
5. Any other information you think might be useful.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby norsmart » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 pm

I can't even get my Roku 3 remote to pair and it is new just out of the box. Talked to trech support at least 4 hrs. They sent me a new unit and it has the same problem :( HELP!!!! Tried turning off router (WIFI) incase it was interfering, unplugged the wii console. If you hold down on the A,B and the pairing buttons at the same time it will reset the remote and you have to press the pairng button to turn in on (flashing light) this is what Roku Tech support said to try: Here are the steps that you need to do: 1. Unplug the power adapter of the Roku player for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 2. Once you will see the Roku logo on the TV screen, press the A, B and the pairing buttons all at the same time for 3 seconds. Note: Leave the batteries inside the battery compartment. 3. Check on the TV screen if you will see the "Roku Enhanced Remote Pairing" message. If you do, that would simply mean it's already working. You can then proceed with the setup.
norsmart

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion