Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravani
Visitor

how to display a image slideshow on roImageCanvas

I need an images to slide continuously in a loop on the upper half of the image canvas .The rest of the canvas is filled with other stuff like some buttons and lists were i m using universal events .
I tried using roSlideshow on roImageCanvas .....I am setting the slideshow in a layer and setting it to particular coordinates ..........it is not taking the coordinates .And it s not any other layers below it............please help

Is this even possible using roSlideShow on roImageCavas......
Please provide a code snippet on how to use roSlideShow on roImageCavas.Please.............
Or else please........ suggest me any other way how to proceed......please............
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: how to display a image slideshow on roImageCanvas

You wouldn't mix the two, instead, use roImageCanvas alone to do all the display. If you are displaying a user interface with buttons and lists, you would be better off using roScreen and related components

- Joel
0 Kudos
islanddreamer
Channel Surfer

Joel, are there any examples of using roScreen to display an interface similar to Netflix or Hulu's (with a slideshow of promotional images on top and a gridscreen below)?
0 Kudos
islanddreamer
Channel Surfer

Or perhaps something more like the Break.com interface?
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

The Break.com channel uses roScreen.

- Joel
0 Kudos
islanddreamer
Channel Surfer

Yes, I understood that Break.com uses roScreen. My question is whether a sample exists with similar navigation and working videoplayer for us to adapt?
0 Kudos