Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaaczc
Visitor

Urgent, needing config script to avoid loosing streaming

Hello

I would like to know if you have some script thats help me out with a little issue, below the explanation:

We are using Roku player to deliver our signal to each cable network in my country but we are needing to know if there is a script feature that when the stream is playing and it lost the connection with server, the machine keeps searching for the stream and play it again once it founds it, this is to avoid the techs at headend, have to press play or go to the menu again and again, it is just like a satellite receiver works on the headend. As you know sometimes the adobe flash servers re starts automatically and that produces the lost of the connection and this is what we would like to avoid in our streaming.

Actually my channel Extreme Tv is located at IPoint Tv and Kingdom Tv packages if you want to watch it.

Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Urgent, needing config script to avoid loosing streaming

Did you program the channel? I think you could add some code so that whenever your video exits, on the previous screen from where the video was called it waits 10 or 20 seconds then if the user doesn't do anything, it retries the same stream.
aspiring
0 Kudos
isaaczc
Visitor

Re: Urgent, needing config script to avoid loosing streaming

Thank you joetesta
0 Kudos