Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelvis2000
Visitor

Roku Categories

I have a Guitar Instructional channel would education be the right category here?
I am making this channel available to Canada, Ireland, Great Britain
which also have categories.
I was wondering if music is a better choice?

Thanks

Kevin
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cpjamloki
Visitor

Re: Roku Categories

kevin,
It does not matter which type of channel you are developing. It should be approved by Roku(follow guidelines by roku for channel approval) when you will upload your public channel. There are lots of categories and sub-categories where you can fit your channel.
Of course music is best choice, for additional you can Ad YOGA with music or fitness tips(zym) with music in the morning time in it .
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re guitar-instructional channels, i see already 1 such in "Music" and 1 in "Education" - so the reviewers don't have strong feelings one way or the other and it's up to you to decide. Ask yourself - browsing which of the two is my potential audience more likely to find it?

I had such conundrum with an iPhone app - should i put it in "Entertainment" or "Utilities" - so i tried one, then the other for the next version and ultimately made my mind.
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

Entertainment is the best option. 😄
0 Kudos