Angry Birds

This is the place to discuss items not related to your Roku Streaming Player

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Angry Birds

Postby haviruzz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 am

I noted on the Angry Birds site a new game - Space - is scheduled for release 22 March. Will Rpku carry the new release?
ROKU2XS wired
haviruzz

Re: Angry Birds

Postby RickRansom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:06 pm

I hope so.. It does look very promising.

From HotHardware:
Those addicting Angry Birds everybody likes to fling at flimsy structures are going where man has gone before, but has yet to truly conquer. We're talking about outer space, folks, Angry Birds Space is a brand new game with some all new gameplay elements, "plus a few surprises," according to Rovio, which promises the latest installment will land on Earth on March 22.
Retired
RickRansom

Postby RickRansom » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Here's another one: From EnGadget - and it looks pretty.
My 7-year old kid was jumping up and down when I showed her this screen shot. :lol:
Retired
RickRansom

Postby RokuShawnS » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:58 am

I've actually asked about this with my boss for personal reasons. Though I can't give any details, I can say the usual party line: "Roku works closely with its partners to bring the best streaming experience to its customers." (I'll also admit I never got a qualified answer :P)

Although I personally don't expect it any time soon, I wouldn't say it's a nosebleed section of the ballpark. Probably more akin to: These seats are reserved, it's just a matter of if and when the owners will show up.

Remember that Rovio just recently brought AB to Facebook as well, and has their hand in a variety of mediums. Getting their foot in the door is going to tax even the best of developers, on all of these platforms, so just be patient. Who knows what the next 6 months will bring us?

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby RickRansom » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 pm

RokuShawnS wrote:Who knows what the next 6 months will bring us?

If it(the new AB game) will come bundled with your Roku stick, then I wouldn't mind purchasing a new HDTV with MHL-HDMI(I heard it would be bundled with some BestBuy Insignia TVs, but not totally sure). Always a big thanks to you Shawn. Even if you can't provide a specific time-frame of what we're looking for, you always do your best to make sure our queries are well attended to.

Cheers!
Retired
RickRansom

Return to Off Topic