First, let me apologize for our delay in responding to this thread. Typically we donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t comment on unannounced products and features, but clearly this is an important topic to you, our most loyal and involved fans. So, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m pulling back the curtain a bit earlier than usual. HereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the scoopÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
- Roku will be delivering Netflix in HD by the end of the year
- Roku will be using Advanced Profile encodes which will deliver HD at substantially lower bit-rates than what Xbox is offering
- The number of titles is up to Netflix but the library will be the same as or larger than the Xbox library
- The UI will be updated to run in 720p and more covers will be visible on the screen at a time
- And the release will include another major new feature that youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll have to wait a bit longer to learn about
All of us at Roku truly appreciate your interest and support. We build these products for you and itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s hugely gratifying to get your feedback Ã¢â‚¬â€œ even when youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re unhappy with us. We will continue to do everything we can to deliver the best content at the best value in the most consumer-friendly manner possible.
Thanks for your support,