How do I get new episodes of TV shows to load into my Roku?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

How do I get new episodes of TV shows to load into my Roku?

Postby slybonethetownie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:23 am

Specifically I am talking about the TV show "NCIS", which there are new episodes available to watch on Netflix Instant Viewing every Wednesday. At first I assumed that as long as the latest season of NCIS was in your instant queue, then the new episodes would automatically be added to your Roku each Wednesday, but it appears that at least for me this is not the case. Last Wednesday the new episode did not appear automatically, but I was able to get it in there by pushing the "up arrow" button to go to the menu that allows you to select either "player settings", "instant queue" or "what's new", then upon returning to the instant queue the new episode was there. Using that same method doesn't appear to help this week. What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
slybonethetownie

Re: How do I get new episodes of TV shows to load into my Ro

Postby nowhereman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:54 am

I don't think you're missing anything. I'm having the same problem. I have had to reboot the box the last two Wednesdays to get the latest episodes of NCIS. In the past they would appear automatically, but not lately :?
twitter:nowhereman
http://www.thenowhereman.com/roku
http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix
nowhereman

Postby slybonethetownie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 am

Strangely enough the new episode is now in my instant queue. I don't think I did anything else, it just appeared finally. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Thanks for the reply nowhereman, I really do appreciate it!
slybonethetownie

Postby spumoni » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:58 am

slybonethetownie wrote:Strangely enough the new episode is now in my instant queue. I don't think I did anything else, it just appeared finally. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Thanks for the reply nowhereman, I really do appreciate it!

The current episode (1/21) STILL has not appeared in Netflix or (obviously) in my IW queue...
spumoni

Postby slybonethetownie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:04 am

Yep, same here. Does anyone know if a new episode did or didn't air this week? I don't actually have TV service (too expensive way out here in the boonies) so I have no way to check.
slybonethetownie

Postby scyber » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 am

There wasn't a new episode this week. According to CBS.com the latest episode is "Broken Bird" which originally aired 1/13.
scyber

Postby scyber » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:16 am

Btw, there probably wasn't a new episode on Tuesday due to the Inauguration coverage.
scyber

Postby spumoni » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:58 am

scyber wrote:Btw, there probably wasn't a new episode on Tuesday due to the Inauguration coverage.

good catch... looks like CBS broadcast a rerun of :ast Man Standing which first aired 09/23/08... should have checked that first... thanks!
spumoni

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion