Amazon Settings

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Amazon Settings

Postby Greg Schultz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:41 pm

I have a five-digit code (letters and numbers) for my Roku , Amazon seems to want a five_digit code with numbers only. I am registered with Amazon, but none of my passwords are all numeric. What am I missing?
Thanks!
Greg Schultz

Re: Amazon Settings

Postby pjoshua5000 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Greg Schultz wrote:I have a five-digit code (letters and numbers) for my Roku , Amazon seems to want a five_digit code with numbers only. I am registered with Amazon, but none of my passwords are all numeric. What am I missing?
Thanks!

This is a separate pin for buying contend on the roku. It is different than the password you use to log on to Amazon. The purpose is to prevent someone from buying shows on the roku. Like Children or roommates.
pjoshua5000

Re: Amazon Settings

Postby pjoshua5000 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Greg Schultz wrote:I have a five-digit code (letters and numbers) for my Roku , Amazon seems to want a five_digit code with numbers only. I am registered with Amazon, but none of my passwords are all numeric. What am I missing?
Thanks!

Or are you talking about the registration number that has both numbers and letters that the roku tells you to enter on Amazon to registered and link the roku to your account..

When you are linking the roku to your Amazon account you see a 5 letter/number password you enter on Amazon.

This is separate from your pin number, which I mention above.
pjoshua5000

How can I retrieve my Amazon Pin Code?

Postby madcalf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:40 pm

I just registered my Roku player through the Amazon website, sorta. The second I entered the Pin Code that was displayed on the Roku player, it disappeared from the Roku player and now Amazon is asking for it again to enable the One-Click feature for purchases. Does anyone know how to retrieve the Pin Code at this point in the process (I unfortunately did not write it down) or a method for restarting the process that will not kill all of my other settings on the Roku player?
madcalf

Postby eri3k » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:04 pm

You are describing two different things.

The five-character, alphanumeric Registration Code (generated by your Roku) is only needed for the page where you are instructed to "Enter Your Registration Code". You do not need it again.

Later in the process on the page titled "Amazon Video On Demand Digital Payment Settings", you select your own 5-digit PIN. This PIN is used to confirm purchases made from the Roku. If you forget or lose your PIN, you will have to log back into the Amazon site and select a new one before you can make purchases via the Roku.
eri3k

Postby madcalf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Excellent. Thank you, the PIN is different as you mention ... I only needed to provide a new one.

Once setup, changes to the Amazon/Roku player registration can be made at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/roku/
madcalf

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion