Roku Player Locks up/Freezes

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Postby laffinboy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:15 am

Hi,

Just received my replacement Roku Player and WOW it also has the same fault! - It locks up/freezes when it hasn't been used for 5-10 minutes.

EG. I start watching a move via Netflix or Amazon and then click on 'pause' and then when I get back it's stuck! The only way back is to power cycle it and then wait for it to reboot. ....That's just one example, after watching a movie for 5-10 minutes it's also not possible to pause or stop or do anything via the remote control.

Do I have to send it back to Roku again or is there a fix for this problem?
Ed Wells
laffinboy

Postby sallyg64 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:06 pm

The exact same thing happened to us when we got our first box. I spent several hours digging through this forum, troubleshooting everything possible. We finally decided to call customer support, after exhausting all options and they sent us a new box. It took 2 days to arrive. All was well after that and we couldn't be happier.
sallyg64

Postby philsoft » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Try monkeying around with the screensaver settings on the Roku
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Satnamji » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

Several new customers, including myself, experienced freezes (crashes/reboots) on boxes shipped in early to mid-May. The Roku engineering team was all over it and communicated to affected folks about a patch through this forum (do a search on "crash" or "reboot"). Unfortunately their front-line tech-support reps weren't privy to the forum discussions right away and were having customers return the box once all troubleshooting techniques were exhausted. I was one of those that waited for the patch to be developed and pushed to my box a few days later and am glad I did as it immediately resolved the freezing/rebooting issue.
Satnamji

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion