Roku Player Stuck on "Launching Home Screen"

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku Player Stuck on "Launching Home Screen"

Postby rwells » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:07 am

I have been using my Roku Player for about a year and think it is a very cool device. Last week I unplugged my Roku to update our Home Theater System. We added new speakers and new Dvd players. When I plugged my Roku Player in (after about a week of being unplugged), it seems stuck on the "Launching Home Screen" page. The power indicator flashes about once each second or so. I power-cycled the player several times, checked to see that the HDMI and Network cables were properly attached and tried resetting the player. Nothing seems to get us past the "Launching Home Screen" page.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Richard Wells
rwells

Postby dws » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Richard,
I received a player that was DOA. Acts similar to yours. Perhaps yours has failed, too. I'd put in a trouble ticket with support.
David
dws

Finally got it to Work!!

Postby rwells » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 pm

David,

Many thanks for the reply.

I unplugged the player for an hour and then tried (for the 4th time) a factory re-set (holding the reset button for about 15 seconds). The player seemed to get stuck on the "Launching Home Screen" page, then suddenly booted up and took me through the guided setup. Upon finishing this and re-activating the player, I was happy to see that my entire list of movies to be played was still intact!!

I have no clue how it finally worked, but we are happy campers for now.

Regards..................RW
rwells

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion