Programming alternate remote control

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Programming alternate remote control

Postby bkade » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I've got my Directv remote programmed for all my devices, except the Roku.
Is it possible to program it for the Roku?? :?:
TIA
Barry
If you were driving a rusty old Ford Pinto, would you spend $800 billion on a tune-up?
bkade

Re: Programming alternate remote control

Postby Gilgamesh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:59 pm

bkade wrote:I've got my Directv remote programmed for all my devices, except the Roku.
Is it possible to program it for the Roku?? :?:
TIA
Barry
Until I acquired my Roku I had D* but I did not use their remote as I found the Harmony 880 much superior. But I believe that most, if not all, of their remotes use built in codes and have no learning function.

If it has learning then just follow the instructions and leard the codes from Roku's original remote. This is short and simple as that remote has few buttons.

If, as I suspect, there is no learning available then use the code search mode to see if there is a code available.

After both those fail you can get a good universal remote to control all your devices.

I have a Vunow, Roku, 400 disk DVD changer, computer to TV adapter, DVD recorder, 2 VCRs, 3 AV switches, a projector, and an LCD TV all blissfully controler by my Harmony 880. (When I still had D* my two DTiVos were also in that mix.)
Gilgamesh

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion