10 New Beta Channels

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

10 New Beta Channels

Postby supersecretusername » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 pm

See the list of channels here: http://bit.ly/9Nxweu

We have developed 10 channels for the Roku. We enjoy making these channels available to the Roku community and would like to be able to continue to develop more, but the development is time consuming.

We think these types of devices are going to change the way we watch television!

We are also really busy with stuff that pays so we thought we'd try the donation method........

Donate any amount via PayPal (pay what you think it's worth, don't be so cheap :) and we will send you the "Private Beta Channel" code for the channel you donated to. [Edit: Follow the redirect back to the channel code after you make your PayPal payment to display the code.]. You can immediately install the channel by visiting https://owner.roku.com/account/channelcode and putting the code in. Tell your friends! If we can get to the $$ goal on our channels, we'll be able to devote lots of time to creating new and interesting channels for your box.

Visit http://bit.ly/9Nxweu
Last edited by supersecretusername on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
supersecretusername

Re: 10 New Beta Channels

Postby Geezerpk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:49 am

I went to you site and contributed a modest amount for a peak at one of the channels. Got a confirm from PayPal immediately. Haven't received the "Private Beta Channel" code from you. I went to the Roku site and tried the confirmation code from PayPal, but as I suspected, that was a non starter. I think your instructions are somewhat lacking. There's only one code to enter I suspect, but your instructions seem to indicate a code from you, and one from PayPal. I be confused! Thanks for your help.
Geezerpk

Postby supersecretusername » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:01 am

Geezerpk wrote:I went to you site and contributed a modest amount for a peak at one of the channels. Got a confirm from PayPal immediately. Haven't received the "Private Beta Channel" code from you. I went to the Roku site and tried the confirmation code from PayPal, but as I suspected, that was a non starter. I think your instructions are somewhat lacking. There's only one code to enter I suspect, but your instructions seem to indicate a code from you, and one from PayPal. I be confused! Thanks for your help.

The code is in the redirect page that you get after you leave Paypal.
Last edited by supersecretusername on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
supersecretusername

Postby Geezerpk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:22 am

Jeeze, I hate to appear dense, but the only code I see in the PayPal confirmation is a 16 digit "transaction ID." The ROKU site only accepts a max of 8 digits in its add channel dialogue. I tried the first 8 of the "transaction ID". That's apparently not it.
Geezerpk

Postby supersecretusername » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 am

Geezerpk wrote:Jeeze, I hate to appear dense, but the only code I see in the PayPal confirmation is a 16 digit "transaction ID." The ROKU site only accepts a max of 8 digits in its add channel dialogue. I tried the first 8 of the "transaction ID". That's apparently not it.

Could you forward the email that you received from paypal to michael@solvellc.com

I want to see if there is an issue.
supersecretusername

Postby KennyJ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 am

supersecretusername wrote:
Geezerpk wrote:Jeeze, I hate to appear dense, but the only code I see in the PayPal confirmation is a 16 digit "transaction ID." The ROKU site only accepts a max of 8 digits in its add channel dialogue. I tried the first 8 of the "transaction ID". That's apparently not it.

Could you forward the email that you received from paypal to michael@solvellc.com

I didn't get the codes in email either. I got them by clicking "Back to Solve LLC" from the Paypal page -- and that's where I got the code.
KennyJ

Postby supersecretusername » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 am

KennyJ wrote:
supersecretusername wrote:

I didn't get the codes in email either. I got them by clicking "Back to Solve LLC" from the Paypal page -- and that's where I got the code.

You are right. I forgot that we did it that way :)
supersecretusername

Postby supersecretusername » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 am

Ok, now if you go to http://bit.ly/9Nxweu you will find a link to youtube videos of all of the channels.
supersecretusername

Postby clonjers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Just got my box a few days ago. It is just great, now to my question (this is also my first post heer)

Clicked donation page and it said you were not accepting donations.

Was there a problem with the new channels?

Remember I am new at this.

Thanks.
clonjers

Postby KennyJ » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 pm

I believe SSUN said he'll be working on the channels and posting new codes at some later point. Another developer has recently published a bunch of similar channels:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26363
KennyJ

Postby supersecretusername » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:34 pm

[quote="clonjers"]Just got my box a few days ago. It is just great, now to my question (this is also my first post heer)

Clicked donation page and it said you were not accepting donations.

Was there a problem with the new channels?

Remember I am new at this.

No problem with the channels. Stay tuned.
supersecretusername

Postby nnane » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:17 pm

I found six codes posted that give me: TEDTalks, Archive.org, Hubblecast, EarthTouch, Terra and American Movie Classics.

http://bit.ly/rokucodes

Are there others I'm missing?
nnane

Return to Roku General