Daily Show w/Jon Stewart

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Daily Show w/Jon Stewart

Postby wpbear » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 am

Is there any way to get Daily Show w/Jon Stewart on Roku? Playon has it and I searched google and cant find a solution for Roku.
wpbear

Re: Daily Show w/Jon Stewart

Postby dellsweig » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 am

wpbear wrote:Is there any way to get Daily Show w/Jon Stewart on Roku? Playon has it and I searched google and cant find a solution for Roku.

I believe its flash based so dont hold your breath
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
dellsweig

Postby BoloMKXXVIII » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:23 am

Not going to happen. Comedy Central just pulled the Daily Show off of Hulu. I guess they felt their own site was losing too much traffic. They are not about to let the Daily Show play on the Roku. The quality of the encode for the Daily Show is terrible. I wish they would fix that (and make it 16:9).
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.

** Non-valued Community Member **
BoloMKXXVIII

Postby scyber » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:Not going to happen. Comedy Central just pulled the Daily Show off of Hulu. I guess they felt their own site was losing too much traffic. They are not about to let the Daily Show play on the Roku. The quality of the encode for the Daily Show is terrible. I wish they would fix that (and make it 16:9).

Not going to happen for free. Comedy Central currently has the Daily Show and Colbert on itunes for $2/episode or $10/15 episodes. In theory something similar could be done for the Roku. Not saying it will happen, but it's not out the of realm of possibility.
scyber

Postby KennyJ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 am

scyber wrote:
BoloMKXXVIII wrote:Not going to happen. Comedy Central just pulled the Daily Show off of Hulu. I guess they felt their own site was losing too much traffic. They are not about to let the Daily Show play on the Roku. The quality of the encode for the Daily Show is terrible. I wish they would fix that (and make it 16:9).

Not going to happen for free. Comedy Central currently has the Daily Show and Colbert on itunes for $2/episode or $10/15 episodes. In theory something similar could be done for the Roku. Not saying it will happen, but it's not out the of realm of possibility.

Yeah, but you can watch full episodes for free on comedy central's website and I'm pretty sure I can get them for free on VOD from my TV provider (Sezmi).
KennyJ

Postby wpbear » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Playon has it free, so from WDTV it works free and same form in a little box to your tv. Seagate has a same setup....Roku needs to make more deals for media or make their box DLNA - Playon compatible to stay competitive.
wpbear

Postby rshatzer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:22 am

Jon Stewart back on Hulu!
rshatzer

Postby SuetyStanes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 am

rshatzer wrote:Jon Stewart back on Hulu!

And on HuluPlus to boot, so you can watch it via your Roku.
SuetyStanes

Postby purdue512 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Confirmed. Thanks for posting. I had LONG AGO given up on finding The Daily Show or The Cobert Report on Hulu and have been watching it in Boxee. This is a GREAT move and is bringing me back to Hulu Plus!
purdue512

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion