the software update download failed

Discussion not related to any specific Roku product.

Moderator: RokuJamesL

the software update download failed

Postby timo888 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:00 am

Got an email this morning announcing a new Netflix software version. Since I' been having trouble for the past six months with Roku-Netflix movies stopping and restarting dozens of times during the movie, even though I can stream movies directly from Netflix to a WiFi notebook computer in the same room as the Roku without any problems, I immediately went to get the update. No luck. I tried several times, but each time got this message: "The software update download failed. Please select 'ok'".

I confirmed that the Roku was attached to my local network; it is. I can ping it from other computers on the network and get responses with average time of 44ms. Here are my settings:

Software: version 2.5 build 388
Hardware: model N1101
IP: 192.168.1.9
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Anyone else able to get the update?

EDIT: I just tried again and got the message that my software was up-to-date. But the version and build are the same, so perhaps the update had already been pushed out to my device. Is v2.5 build 388 the current version?
timo888

Re: the software update download failed

Postby darium » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:40 am

I believe you will have much better luck if you post in the forum dedicated to the Roku DVP. Just browsing the many topics, I see many regarding the new update. Chances are you will get flooded with good responses if you post there.

Here is a link to that forum.

http://forums.roku.com/viewforum.php?f=28
darium

Return to Roku General