PLaying my Dvd collection is this possible? Mplayv3

Discuss your favorite third-party applications for the PhotoBridge HD.

Moderators: TheEndless, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

PLaying my Dvd collection is this possible? Mplayv3

Postby Hulabbs » Tue May 03, 2005 8:59 am

Hi! just bought my Roku and I think this is product I have been waiting for. Currently I have a 2003 server being used as media server. In my home theater I have a XP media PC running Meedio software www.meedio.com and I map shares and play my ripped dvds fine.

I didnt want to setup a whole HTPC just to play movies in my bedroom so the Roku seemed like the perfect little device.

Question?

I store my movies in the following way

I have a folder called "Movies" and under that I rip movies using DVD shrink so it puts them in folders like on the dvd:

spiderman\video_ts\
spiderman2\video_ts\

ect. I like to keep them in the original naming convention so the IFO works for my HTPC.

Can mplay play them from this format? any suggestions how to setup this up? thank you and great product!
Hulabbs

Re: PLaying my Dvd collection is this possible? Mplayv3

Postby TheEndless » Tue May 03, 2005 9:04 am

Hulabbs wrote:spiderman\video_ts\
spiderman2\video_ts\

ect. I like to keep them in the original naming convention so the IFO works for my HTPC.

Can mplay play them from this format? any suggestions how to setup this up? thank you and great product!

Minus the DVD menus, yes (coming soon). In MPlay, just browse to the folder containing the DVD rip, and select the "Play DVD" option.

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Hulabbs » Tue May 03, 2005 9:32 am

Mindless your the best!

Now that I got your ear let me ask you I noticed that a few times when I started the movie the audio was off... is this something Roku is working on?

I posted in the beta 2.0 section I was having problems with my shares from the 2003 server. I updated the policy files for the SMB fix but still not working. I guess others are having the same issues. It works great from my XP machine.

btw, what codec does the roku use for viewing mpeg 2?
Hulabbs

Postby SimonO » Tue May 03, 2005 9:52 am

Hulabbs wrote:Mindless your the best!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Toshiba 36ZP48, Pace Sky+ v1 (120GB), Sonos ZP80, Denon DVD-2900, Denon AVR-3805, Blue Sky SAT 6.5/B&W DM600 S3/ASW675 w/Behringer DSP1124P, Philips Pronto NG RU950/RU951
SimonO

Postby PRMan » Tue May 03, 2005 11:27 am

That's "TheEndless". Don't insult him. He's our best friend around here (along with Marcelo, Andy Oliver, etc.).

Yes, there is an audio glitching problem. Use the 10 second backup 3-4 times until it sounds good. In most cases, when you do this it will hold the audio throughout the entire movie unless you pause or skip. Then you might have to do it again.

There is no codec. The Roku has a dedicated HD-quality MPEG2 decoder chip. Codecs are software.
PRMan
PRMan

Postby Hulabbs » Sun May 29, 2005 12:49 am

Opps I had Mindless on the brain...

My Appologies :)

The Play DVD works great but I still cant get this to work with 2003 Server.
Hulabbs

Return to Third-Party Applications