Re-Arrange Home Screen Channels, Can I?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re-Arrange Home Screen Channels, Can I?

Postby spottedmahn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to re-arrange the home screen?

Example, I want my CDNTwo channel to be first and then Pandora, etc.

Screen Print For Current
Roku Player Settings -> Channel Store -> Netflix - > Amazon -> FB Photos - > a few more channels -> Pandora -> about 6 or 7 more channels -> CDNTwo

Screen Print for Desired
Roku Player Settings -> Channel Store -> CDNTwo - > Pandora -> Amazon - Netflix, etc.
spottedmahn

Re: Re-Arrange Home Screen Channels, Can I?

Postby philsoft » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:09 pm

spottedmahn wrote:Hello,

Is there a way to re-arrange the home screen?

Example, I want my CDNTwo channel to be first and then Pandora, etc.

Screen Print For Current
Roku Player Settings -> Channel Store -> Netflix - > Amazon -> FB Photos - > a few more channels -> Pandora -> about 6 or 7 more channels -> CDNTwo

Screen Print for Desired
Roku Player Settings -> Channel Store -> CDNTwo - > Pandora -> Amazon - Netflix, etc.

Not at this time, sorry.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby TheEndless » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 pm

I think you can remove all of your channels and add them back in the order you want. Tedious, but it should work.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby DeftOne » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 pm

TheEndless wrote:I think you can remove all of your channels and add them back in the order you want. Tedious, but it should work.

I don't think that will necessarily work, especially with private channels. It always seems like they get put in my list in some weird order when I add a new channel, anyway. It can't hurt to try, I guess.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku LT (16A181002342)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Roku HD (20F946002749)
DLINK DIR-615 (all Rokus wireless)
12 Mbps
DeftOne

Postby samwyse » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:17 am

I, too, would love a way to rearrange my channels. Manually sorting them would be ok, but I'd really love it if Roku could track how often I watch things (I'd be willing to bet they do this already) and have a button in the settings page to do a one-time sort by frequency of use. I'd also like to organize my channels into folders or something, to reduce scrolling when I have more than a couple of screen's worth of stuff. Maybe something like the iPhone system.

DeftOne wrote:
TheEndless wrote:I think you can remove all of your channels and add them back in the order you want. Tedious, but it should work.

I don't think that will necessarily work, especially with private channels. It always seems like they get put in my list in some weird order when I add a new channel, anyway. It can't hurt to try, I guess.

The trick to manually rearrange private channels is to delete them all, then add them one at a time and refresh your list after each addition. It's not just tedious, it's Super-tedious!
samwyse

Postby jcmolet » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:24 am

samwyse wrote:I, too, would love a way to rearrange my channels. Manually sorting them would be ok, but I'd really love it if Roku could track how often I watch things (I'd be willing to bet they do this already) and have a button in the settings page to do a one-time sort by frequency of use. I'd also like to organize my channels into folders or something, to reduce scrolling when I have more than a couple of screen's worth of stuff. Maybe something like the iPhone system.

DeftOne wrote:

The trick to manually rearrange private channels is to delete them all, then add them one at a time and refresh your list after each addition. It's not just tedious, it's Super-tedious!

You can change the order of the channels on the Home Screen by using the 'info' button on the enhanced remotes:

jcmolet

Postby kc8pql » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:26 am

Channels can be rearranged easily if you have the 12 button remote, using the * button while viewing the main menu.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby KennyJ » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:35 pm

I haven't tried it, but I believe it's also possible with the iPhone/iPod remote.
KennyJ

Postby jcmolet » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:44 pm

KennyJ wrote:I haven't tried it, but I believe it's also possible with the iPhone/iPod remote.

It is. The DVPRemote for the iPad/iPhone/iPod has the exact some functionality - actually more - as the enhanced remote.
jcmolet

Postby Ing5 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:32 pm

I use 'Remoku'. It's browser based, and the price is right - free!
http://apps4tv.com/remoku/
Ing5

Postby dandan14 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Ing5 wrote:I use 'Remoku'. It's browser based, and the price is right - free!
http://apps4tv.com/remoku/

Wow! We have a standard remote and wanted to rearrange our channels. We just tried Remoku and it worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip.
dandan14

Postby vphares » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:38 pm

I tried using RoMote by Chris Konieczny on my Android phone but didn't find any option that would allow me to re-order my channels. Does anyone have a program that works with the Droids?
vphares

Postby jhernes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:41 pm

vphares wrote:I tried using RoMote by Chris Konieczny on my Android phone but didn't find any option that would allow me to re-order my channels. Does anyone have a program that works with the Droids?

Have you tried Remoku by Gonzo...
ROKU MODEL: N1000 - Decommissioned, HD 2000C-00 - Decommissioned, XS 3100R - Visio 50, R3 4200R - Samsung LN55
jhernes

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion