USA & Syfy & NBC shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: USA & Syfy shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Postby Crow550 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:17 pm

KennyJ wrote:
Crow550 wrote:Some of the reasons why Cable & Satellite suck?

Aside from Psych being on USA. LOL! As out of State filming locations are okay. As long as the programming is geared to the people on that channel. Not as bad as Wrestling on a Science Fiction channel unless the Wrestling involves Aliens. Which SyFy is a half assed insult of a Science Fiction network anyways.

Back on topic. :wink:

Ok.. I ran out of examples. My point is no niche channel ever stays that way. It can't survive. Look at TLC (The Learning Channel). Really?

Syfy is no different than just about every other cable channel out there. It's not an insult any more than every other channel is.

Yeah but what Sci-Fi they do offer from there C-grade movies....They don't really try....

Anyways....

Look forward to these shows. After I get through some others I'm watching.

To those watching Burn Notice. It is a fun show. So far in 3 seasons it's managed to stay exciting. I hope the Writers can keep it up for 3 more seasons as I believe the cast is signed on for 6.
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Re: USA & Syfy & NBC shows coming to Netflix 10/1/10

Postby Bonneville44 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Syfy's "Destination Truth" is also coming.

Sorry about SciFi going Syfy, but I have been waiting for a lot of these shows that I like to watch, but my wife only likes in passing so I never truly get on DVD and we don't have a dvr (because I'm not paying an extra receiver fee to record something) so I only end up catching these shows once in a while.

Again.. keep it coming netflix. CBS television distribution, Warner bros. television, sony pictures television, ABC television distribution, even Universal's back catalog has a lot of great stuff.
Bonneville44

Postby pjoshua5000 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:53 pm

shelleyp wrote:A bit surprised to see Eureka coming to Watch Now. I have the shows on Amazon VOD, but nice to see more offerings showing on Watch Now.

I wonder if Warehouse 13 will show up? Sanctuary has, as well as all the Stargates.

As for Burn Notice, my first reaction would be not to hold your breath, but I'm surprised almost monthly now about what's showing up...so, who knows? Maybe someday. I really love having the TV shows on Watch Now.

Good catch!

Good news. All episodes of Stargate, including Atlantic, and the new Stargate Universe have all been added about a month ago.
pjoshua5000

Postby Bonneville44 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:49 am

as for burn notice, its produced by FOX where these others that are coming are produced by USA (NBC Universal). FOX has given us a lot, but they have held back on non FOX/FX shows.
Bonneville44

Postby -LD » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Crow550 wrote:Cool. Maybe Burn Notice too.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/126486/saturd ... -game-show
-LD

Postby mega1026 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Bonneville44 wrote:as for burn notice, its produced by FOX where these others that are coming are produced by USA (NBC Universal). FOX has given us a lot, but they have held back on non FOX/FX shows.

not completely true, a lot of Prison Break and Rescue Me on there... regardless, I'm way excited about all these shows being added
mega1026

Postby Bonneville44 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:27 pm

prison break and rescue me ARE Fox and FX shows. What I meant was that fox was holding off on things they didn't play on their channels. I don't know if we'll see Burn Notice or White Collar soon because they are on USA (but produced by FOX) where these other shows were produced by the network for itself.

same reason we won't see chuck fomr NBC, but we see heroes. Chuck actually produced by WB.
Bonneville44

Postby Bonneville44 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 am

There also seem to be a bunch of E! and VH1 reality shows coming if anyone watches those (I don't, but then again I don't have those channels to see the train wrecks).

Kimora Life in the Fab lane
Keeping up with the Kardashians
Denise Richards "colon" it's personal
Kourtney and Khloe take Miami
Rock of Love
Flavor of Love
Bonneville44

Postby shelleyp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:26 am

I don't want people to be disappointed if the Eureka shows don't show up exactly on the first. Netflix has been having some real issues with shows being scheduled to show at a certain time, and then end up with the "Streaming soon" designation, or no indication of streaming at all.

This is now happening with the Eureka shows. Hopefully they will show on the first, but don't be too disappointed if they don't.

I've stopped using FeedFlix because they don't seem to catch these changes. I've now switched to Instant Watcher, at http://instantwatcher.com because this site's upcoming and Now queues seem to be more accurately reflect what's happening with Netflix. (Though I have just noticed that it, too, doesn't seem to reflect what Netflix displays for shows.)
shelleyp

Postby Bonneville44 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am

ShellyP, good insight. Some things do seem to move around and with the huge influx of content, maybe some in-house dates are being missed for finishing the encodings?
Bonneville44

Postby japzone » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 am

I wish more CBS content were available on Netflix, like NCIS, CSI, ect... Because right now you can only watch their Stuff on CBS.com. Not even Amazon VOD has a single CBS television show as far as I can tell. I've tried Boxee but playing stuff from CBS.com doesn't work well and often you get kicked from the Video a Few minutes in.
japzone

Postby shelleyp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 am

Bonneville44 wrote:ShellyP, good insight. Some things do seem to move around and with the huge influx of content, maybe some in-house dates are being missed for finishing the encodings?

Could be, hard to say.

It's odd what does and does not show. And then I've seen shows scheduled to stream on a certain day, but then suddenly aren't streaming at all (Food Matters is the latest). The Lexx shows were going to appear 9/1, but seem to now be scheduled for 10/1. We know that the Indiana Jones shows were coming over from Epix, but then suddenly because unavailable at both Watch Now and Epix.

I don't know if the problem is too much work, or some corporate politics thing, or the company just having problems accurately maintaining the metadata for the shows. I expect Eureka to appear--it does show as streaming soon--I just don't want people to be disappointed if it doesn't show exactly on the 1st.
Last edited by shelleyp on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
shelleyp

Postby shelleyp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:28 am

japzone wrote:I wish more CBS content were available on Netflix, like NCIS, CSI, ect... Because right now you can only watch their Stuff on CBS.com. Not even Amazon VOD has a single CBS television show as far as I can tell. I've tried Boxee but playing stuff from CBS.com doesn't work well and often you get kicked from the Video a Few minutes in.

We did have access to CBS shows on Watch Now for a time. But then CBS decided it would rather stream its own stuff, and started up tv.com.
shelleyp

Postby Bonneville44 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:00 pm

actually CBS already had TV.com at that point. They just REALLY believe that their best bet at monetization of their shows is the network and to a much lesser extent the CBS website and TV.com. I think it is ridiculous. NBC isn't somehow making money off all this? I only watched Numbers and NCIS because they were available to stream. New show discovery is huge for me through Netflix's streaming service.
Bonneville44

Postby Bonneville44 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:14 pm

add FX's Damages (from "Rescue Me" production co. Sony Pictures TV!) to the list projected to come 10-1-10!
Bonneville44

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion