Linking your Player to a Roku account.

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Linking your Player to a Roku account.

Postby Steffanie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello everyone. I am hoping that you can help me. I gave my sister one of my players, unlinking it from my Roku account. We are trying to link it to her account so that she can add some of the private channels. Neither one of us can figure out how to do it! When we go into our Roku accounts and click on "Link a Player" it takes us to a page to set up the player and instructs us to "Type the link code you see on your TV below". We don't want that, as the player is already set up.... In the Roku help section it tells you that in order to link a player to a Roku account you must go through the guided setup. So, we both did that, but were never given an option to link a player to a Roku account.

Does anyone know how to link a player to a Roku account, or alternatively, how to get the private channels without your player being linked to an account? Thanks in advance for any help.
Steffanie

Re: Linking your Player to a Roku account.

Postby DeftOne » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:43 pm

If you've unlinked the player from your Roku account, then I believe you should be able to just go into the Channel Store on the box and it should prompt you to link it and give you a new link code you can enter on your sister's Roku account page. You may have to reboot the box after you unlink it from your account before being able to get a new link code by just going into the Channel Store. I don't think a complete factory reset is necessary, although you'll lose all the channels you've installed on the box once you unlink it and go into the Channel Store and it synchronizes.
Roku2 XS (13A166000325) HDMI to LG 42" LCD 1080p (42LH30)
Roku LT (16A181002342)
Roku XDS (K0A073000137)
Roku HD (20F946002749)
DLINK DIR-615 (all Rokus wireless)
12 Mbps
DeftOne

Re: Linking your Player to a Roku account.

Postby Steffanie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for the responses. I unlinked the box from my account last December, and gave it to her at that time. It has been rebooted many times since then (especially around the time of the Netflix upgrade, when we were rebooting daily trying to get it to work, LOL!). Going into the Channel Store gave no option to link it to a roku account.

We have not reset it to factory specs as I recall. We will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help, guys! If worse comes to worse I will call Roku now that the weekend is over, and I will post the results here. :roll:
Steffanie

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion