netflix-hulu- 3 boxes- 2 locations- 1 account

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

netflix-hulu- 3 boxes- 2 locations- 1 account

Postby tobarefeet » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 pm

I posted in a different forum and should have here.
If you have multiple roku's and want to leave a roku in 2 separate houses can you stream both at same time using one account provided the dvd plan matches the number of roku's?
Example- i have 3 roku's and take one several times a week to inlaws, leaving 2 for the kids to watch at home. They watch Netflix or now Hulu Plus. I hook up the 3rd one at the inlaws and want to watch my Netflix account.
Can I do that? I understand that to have simultanious streaming on Netflix you have to have same number of DVD plan. So if I had the 3 dvd plan would I be able to do that or does it have to be in the same physical location?
I don't want to have to pay for a second netflix or hulu plus account for a night or two a week at the inlaws, and they have no interest in getting a roku or having their own netflix or hulu plus streaming.
tobarefeet

Re: netflix-hulu- 3 boxes- 2 locations- 1 account

Postby ElwoodBlues68 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I had to get a 2nd roku box after the HDMI on my XR died and Roku refused to replace it under warranty..

Since then I have loaned it to a couple people to try out using the componet outputs under my account without any problems so far..

I think I have 5 devices on my netflix account now. 2 roku & 3 home theather pc's.
ElwoodBlues68

Re: netflix-hulu- 3 boxes- 2 locations- 1 account

Postby Gilgamesh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I thought that the NetFlix TOS had a limitation like "You may only stream at one location at a time for each account." But I searched, and I am pretty good at finding stuff on the NetFlix site, and could not find any such language so it seems that what you want is OK; so go for it.
Gilgamesh

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion