A Filmon .com Channel Possible?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: A Filmon .com Channel Possible?

Postby TheEndless » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:22 am

All channels and graphics are from FilmOn... just not necessarily the domestic version... *innocent whistle*
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Postby vtagrl » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:30 am

I noticed a bunch of funny accents............... from over the pond. :-)
vtagrl

Postby bullardc » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:31 am

TheEndless wrote:All channels and graphics are from FilmOn... just not necessarily the domestic version... *innocent whistle*

LOL
Amazing!!!! Thanks!!! More great content. But hopefully the will get that audio right again.
bullardc

Postby TheEndless » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:38 am

bullardc wrote:LOL
Amazing!!!! Thanks!!! More great content. But hopefully the will get that audio right again.

If it weren't out of sync on the iPhone as well, I'd be more concerned that they wouldn't fix it, but I can't see how they could leave it the way it is now, unless they just don't care about the iPhone streams.
When it was in sync, it'd drop out every few seconds... at least they fixed that part.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby tobarefeet » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:02 am

TheEndless wrote:All channels and graphics are from FilmOn... just not necessarily the domestic version... *innocent whistle*

smirk.
tobarefeet

Postby alki » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:02 pm

alki

Postby TheEndless » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:04 pm

alki wrote:Try this on Roku
http://www.filmon.com/tv/?a=ipad_page

While I appreciate the pointer, as I noted earlier in this thread, the iPad version of the streams do not have a Roku compatible audio stream, so they won't play. Trust me, if I could use the higher quality streams, I would.
TheEndless

Postby sensrhps » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm

I just gotta say, even with the apparent lag between picture and sound (about 2-3 seconds), this is quickly becoming one of my favourite channels. :) Thanks a bunch!
sensrhps

Postby DaveMcLain » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I can't seem to get the channel past "There are Currently No Items in This Catagory" is there something that I'm doing wrong? I bet I need to subscribe to the FilmOn service!
Roku XD/S Ser # K0A07Y000139 5.8Ghz Wireless Connection
Roku2 XS Ser # 13A16Y000098 1Gb Wired Connection
WRT610N router DD-WRT SVN 14929
Connected via HDMI to Hitachi LE55U516 TV and Yamaha RX-V573
FTTH Connection 25Mb/sec
DaveMcLain

Postby TheEndless » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:43 pm

DaveMcLain wrote:I can't seem to get the channel past "There are Currently No Items in This Catagory" is there something that I'm doing wrong? I bet I need to subscribe to the FilmOn service!

Hrmm... working fine on this end.
TheEndless

Postby IPA.SUSHI » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:53 am

Hi there, just wanted to say that I am new to adding these private channels, but am loving the ION channel on FilmOn (except for the tiling up on the screen :/)

Just curious, but is there somewhere where I can locate some sort of TV program guide? I started creating my own.

Will Roku ever be able to display what channel/show we are watching?

Thanks for any input.

Cindy

Roku XD|S November 15, 2010
IPA.SUSHI

Postby SuetyStanes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 am

DaveMcLain wrote:I can't seem to get the channel past "There are Currently No Items in This Catagory" is there something that I'm doing wrong? I bet I need to subscribe to the FilmOn service!

Try removing it and adding it again?
SuetyStanes

Postby Bill Hicks » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Has anyone had problems with this channel tonight? I can go into the channel and I have items to select, but whenever I choose one, it dumps me back to Home.
Bill Hicks

Postby TexGuy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Bill Hicks wrote:Has anyone had problems with this channel tonight? I can go into the channel and I have items to select, but whenever I choose one, it dumps me back to Home.

It seems the channel is having issues.
Roku3 Roku XS Roku HD and Roku XD
Comcast Cable
Panasonic TC-L32C3
Sharp E32D41NKEGBSNNX
HDMI Cable ($6.99 cables unlimited)
CNet CBR-970 (router)
TexGuy

Postby CalvinMcGowan » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:33 pm

TexGuy wrote:
Bill Hicks wrote:Has anyone had problems with this channel tonight? I can go into the channel and I have items to select, but whenever I choose one, it dumps me back to Home.

It seems the channel is having issues.

The filmon channel is in need of a gravestone. The filmon service recently changed from being a free service to being a paid service with prices starting at $9.99 per month, so I suspect the reason the filmon channel is not working (not that it ever worked well in the first place, but that wasn't TheEndless's fault, it was filmon's) is because the channel is trying to access content that requires a paid account with filmon. TheEndless could modify the channel to allow people who have paid accounts with filmon to register their Roku devices with filmon, but I wouldn't bother modifying the channel if I were him because: 1. The content filmon provides isn't that great and nobody in their right mind would pay $9.99 per month for the content they offer. 2. Filmon seemed to never be able to get the video and audio of their content streams to be in sync, nor did filmon seem to be willing to fix the problem, so again, nobody in their right mind would pay for such a miserably poor service. And finally, 3. Filmon is still in litigation regarding the legality of their service and it doesn't look like filmon is going to win their case.
CalvinMcGowan

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion